UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well we have decided to give our new Sandero Stepway a run for its money with a
tour of Scotland. Leaving London on August 11th we travel up to the north with our first overnight stop at "the black bull" at the Ancient Bur of Lauder. The next morning we set of for the Edinburgh festival where we will spend the day stopping overnight at the Queens hotel. then its of to Inverness going through dundee and stopping overnight at Montrose.We get one day in Inverness Then on to the Cairngorms national park and then back down to fort William through oban and on to loch Lomond and the trossachs national park then on to Glasgow from there we go on to Aye and back through Dumfries then on to Blackpool before returning to London 14 days later I will be writing about the trip how the car did on fuel and performance and I will be adding pics if that's possible on the forum maybe we may even see some of you Dacia owners on our travels.If anyone has any idears on any thing we should visit while we are up there I would be gratfull as this is a one off trip.

·
Sandero Forum Moderator
861 Posts
Now that sounds like fun!! I love it up in Scotland but so far have only spent time there with work but a trip would be great!

Keep us updated with lots of pics!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Sounds like a wee trip and a half, remember to pack for a Scottish summer.

Shorts

t-shirts

flip flops

waterproofs

fleece

wellies

scarf

ski's

:)

·
Registered
67 Posts
If you were thinking of heading round the coast between Aberdeen and Inverness then I would recommend not to. If you head North of Aberdeen on the A95 then turn off towards Dufftown just after Huntly then it drops you into the Spey Valley at Aberlour. (Where Walkers Shortbread is made). You can then follow the Spey Valley before turning up towards Carrbridge, this b road comes out on the A9 heading North towards Inverness, on the approach to Inverness you come over the top of the last hill before Inverness and the Moray Firth is spread before you with views to the Northern parts of Scotland. On a good day this is a spectacular approach. (and a more direct route so save you some miles and time).

You could even fit in a distillery tour at Glenfiddich in Dufftown, they are free tours and whilst the Whiskey might not be everyone's favourite it is a really good tour.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Ha ha...yes, midge repellent. Avon Skin-So-Soft dry oil spray is the best midge repellent there is....seriously!

Posted Via The DaciaForum.co.uk App

·
Registered
146 Posts
I did a tour of Scotland in March (with snow on the ground) a couple of years back covering the same extremities (Inverness, Oban etc). The 2 places I would most strongly recommend - even though they're not strictly on your route directly and require detours - are Loch Rannoch, which is one of the most beautiful of locations with great roads for exhilarating driving and Sterling, a place I've visited many times and never tire of its history and its pubs (visit The Portcullis at the top of the castle hill and Nicky Tams bar, halfway down the hill - brilliant atmosphere and warm welcomes even to an Englishman)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts