UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im looking to get a tow bar as a gift for a family member any recommendations I would need it posted to then take to the fitters.

Prices seem a lot cheaper on eBay but Im guessing that's for a good reason any help much appreciated.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
looks like the Brink tow bar requires you cut the rear bumper. Not sure if thats desirable as when it is detached there will be a hole.

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Is it very apparent while the tow bar is detached or is the part of the tow bar that is connected permanently to the vehicle fill the cutout?
Thanks for your reply?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Might be worth checking to see what Dacia charge for a tow bar + electrics? The offer a fixed swan neck towbar, which is basic but does the job. Have just fitted one to a 2 Gen Duster and it went on fine and wired up easily.

·
Premium Member
1,427 Posts
Yes, I fitted the tow-bar and electrics a number of years back myself, the only word of advice, make sure the wiring kit is a specific to your Duster, this will mean it is more or less plug and play, not a universal kit with scotch lock connectors, not that they are bad, the specific kit allow one to unplug the tail light connectors and insert the tow-bar wiring into the circuit as it has male and female connectors.

·
Premium Member
1,427 Posts
These are part nos for the tow-bar wiring I think, one is 13 pin and the 7 pin, 8201716947 & 8201716946, but one has to check which side in both cases they suit, be it for LHD or RHD cars, when I brought my kit it was from germany so I just switched the kit's wiring to suit the UK.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts