UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if there is any difference in the fitting of a tow bar to the new facelift Duster compared to the Indian one?I wanted to buy a tow bar on Ebay but the seller informed me that although the item fitted the older Dusters,it wouldn't fit mine.I would have thought that the chassis mounting holes etc, would be the same?

·
Registered
173 Posts
Best tow bar is the Thule fixed. Has fixing holes for phase 1 and 2, does not require any cutting of bumper and good quality. Around £96 on eBay. I fitted one to my phase 2 in less than an hour.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for that Black Tiger,does this mean that the holes are different for the Romanian versus the Indian Duster?

·
Registered
173 Posts
Yes slightly I believe, check part numbers on eBay but I think you'll find 4x2 same as 4x4 and all years same part number 5863, they just advertise them separately. They are made to fit all models with one product. Thule also do a detached but don't see the point on an SUV type vehicle.

·
Registered
173 Posts
I used renault plug in wiring and although intended for LHD just swap loom to opposite sides and switch indicators in tow plug. If you search this forum you'll find information on it.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Does anyone know if the face lift Duster needs a bypass relay on the towing electrics?I think it does,but I want to be sure.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts