UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone managed to source a tow bar for a stepway yet?

Does anyone know it it will affect the parking sensor.

Thanks

Sent from my GT-N7105 using DaciaForum.co.uk mobile app

·
Registered
27 Posts
I have specified a tow bar on my Stepway for my Erde trailer. The dealer has said it will either be fitted in Southampton when my Dacia arrives in a few weeks, or can be fitted when it arrives at the dealers. If you would like some info, ring SMC Renault in Aldershot, as they are supplying my new car with the tow bar fitted.

·
Registered
27 Posts
My Stepway is now delivered and in my possession. The tow bar I got was fitted when it arrived in the UK and the instruction leaflet with it is a Dacia instruction booklet.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Sorry forgot to add, does not affect the parking sensors and when you reverse to a flat surface like a garage door, there is at least 10 inches gap between the rear bumper and the garage door. Tow bar sticks out slightly, but it leaves you lots of safe reversing to play with.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Sorry forgot to add, does not affect the parking sensors and when you reverse to a flat surface like a garage door, there is at least 10 inches gap between the rear bumper and the garage door. Tow bar sticks out slightly, but it leaves you lots of safe reversing to play with.
Just saw this post so thanks for the info surreycool - just a very quick question if it's not too much trouble? Does the hitch / ball part of the towbar cover the number plate at all when looking from the rear of the car?

I need to get one fitted for a trailer and was wondering if I'd need to get a detachable hitch - if it doesn't cover the plate then I won't need one!

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hi Marillion. The good news is the tow bar fitted to mine does not cover the number plate at all and is an excellent fit. I have checked the paper manual that came with the car (tow bar manual) and it appears to be Sandero Stepway model number 82 01 271 036 A tow bar.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Hi Marillion. The good news is the tow bar fitted to mine does not cover the number plate at all and is an excellent fit. I have checked the paper manual that came with the car (tow bar manual) and it appears to be Sandero Stepway model number 82 01 271 036 A tow bar.
That's great news surreycool - again, the info is much appreciated!

·
Registered
119 Posts
Hi. Yes the Sandero Stepway towbar model number 82 01 271 036 A is the correct towbar.

Have a look at the fitting instructions on fitting a Stepway Towbar II, I posted recently under "How To".

You may get an idea from the pictures on how the towbar looks and fits.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Hi. Yes the Sandero Stepway towbar model number 82 01 271 036 A is the correct towbar.

Have a look at the fitting instructions on fitting a Stepway Towbar II, I posted recently under "How To".

You may get an idea from the pictures on how the towbar looks and fits.
I looked at that guide too - reminds me of the days of Meccano or Airfix kit building :)

I think I'll leave the fitting to the experts but the guide is certainly interesting to see the work that is involved with these things!

I'll be giving them a ring soon to get one ordered in :)

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hi Marillion
Forgot to say, you can also remove the tow hitch itself, although you don't have to as it does not cover the number plate, simple 2 nuts and bolts - very easy

·
Registered
149 Posts
Hi Marillion
Forgot to say, you can also remove the tow hitch itself, although you don't have to as it does not cover the number plate, simple 2 nuts and bolts - very easy
Thanks surreycool - I used to do that on my old car from time to time, as it did obscure the plate slightly. However, torquing the thing back up was a bit of a pain when re-fitting. If it doesn't affect the plate then no need to remove!

Also, I've noticed other cars don't tend to risk getting quite so close when parking - they see the tow-ball and keep well away from the rear of the car - Result! :lol:

Reactions: stepway2014

·
Registered
203 Posts
Any one know if a tow bar with a bolt on ball is available,i like to have a bumper protection plate,on my puntos i have used witter but i think they claim its under development

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
So been quoted £250 for everything + fitting charge. I have found one on ebay for under £100. However it does not come with wiring loom. Any one know if o have to use a specific dacia one at £100 or if I can just wire in to rear lights?

Sent from my GT-N7105 using DaciaForum.co.uk mobile app

·
Registered
119 Posts
See under "How To" Towing Bar Installation. The Dacia Towbar kit includes a kind of "Y" shaped peice of loom wiring with ready made plug ends. The rear light cluster plug is unplugged and the adapter cable is plugged into the lighting then the previous unplugged plug goes into the "Y" peice which then continues to the Towbar socket. 2 off Left and Right Towbar cable connectors. If you have a word with your dealership I beleive these can be ordered as seperate items. Doing it this way should not invalidate any warranty issues as it is the recommeded Dacia fitting practice.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts