UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anybody DIY fitted a tow bar and electrics to a 2013+ Logan MCV?

Have ordered all of the parts and planning to do this myself. I'm very mechanically minded and have fitted tow bars to other vehicles before, but I was just wondering if there are any specific gotcha's with the Logan!

Many thanks.

·
Registered
47 Posts
It's pretty straight forward to install.
Just make sure you buy a towbar that doesn't require cutting in the bumper.
However you will need to cut in the plastic guard on the underside of the car.

Also make sure that the electric kit you buy has the relay box and wire for the extra power running under the plastic at the left rear window, otherwise you might end up blowing fuses all the time

You can find my post, where I have put a picture of what needs dismantling inside the car to get to that one wire needed for the extra power for the relay box.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Good timing - I've just ordered the parts for mine so will read your post with interest. I've done several before but never a Dacia.

Cheers!

·
Registered
2 Posts
The guys at Indespension just spent the afternoon fitting me a removable swan neck bar to avoid interference with my parking sensors. Then spotted the Stepway mark and took it off again saying the bar wasn't type certified and they couldn't let me leave with it. Can anyone point me to a suitable bar that they could feel happy with?

·
Premium Member
1,398 Posts
They list the tow bar for the Stepway, some of the tow bars do have exclusions, but some are listed as suitable for Sandero and Stepway, best thing to do is call them. 0161 872 4755 PFJones sell on Ebay as well and the prices are cheaper.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts