UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm finally getting around to fitting my towbar. I now have to fit the cable pack. I bought the 7 pin Renault kit PN: 241 577 864 R

I've read some threads that add confusion so I'm hoping for some clarification.

We're talking UK spec. The above kit was supplied for the UK car. In the kit there is no warning buzzer relay or warning light. Does the car have these already in place for the kit to utilise? Am I missing a part? Have I been supplied the wrong kit, whats the right kit?

·
Registered
985 Posts
I don't know about this kit but EU law is that it must have a warning; that may be audible or visual. Some of my cars have had visual indicators on the dash. I'm not sure on the Dacia front though as in still waiting for mine!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, but there are other issues ie. dimming the car rear fog lights with the trailer on, CAN bus. I can fit a multiplex relay but it might not be required. Another thread suggests swapping the harness around, but I've seen nothing conclusive yet. Perhaps its for me to try it.

Do any lights get activated on the dash for the trailer indicators ?

·
Registered
985 Posts
If you haven't found the answer it appears that reversing the loom i.e. fit the rhs of the loom to the lhs of the car cures the issue, as they are configured for LHD.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you Mr Tiger! Just the confirmation I needed. Just need a hot sunny day now. :D B)

Thanks widu13 for getting the ball rolling.

·
Premium Member
303 Posts
Hi, does reversing the loom overcome the problem that I am having, which is getting the trailer Fog lights to work?

·
Premium Member
303 Posts
Oh, and does the trailer loom then have to exit the Cabin on the passenger side?

appreciate any help with this,

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi Bob

I've finally got around to fitting the loom. If you do as we've been guided by Black Tiger you'll get the fog lamps working. Yes you'll have to route the cable out of the near side (UK) of the boot. Its just a reversal of the supplied instructions. Get yourself a self taping screw and washer to fit the earth strap to an area near the light cluster.

I also found that I could do the work without any trouble with the radio ie. I didn't have to enter the radio code after re-attaching the battery. I arranged it so the battery was disconnected for the minimum time.

I'm still not aware of any warning light on the dash, but I 've not towed the trailer yet. One step a year with me I'm afraid :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts