UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

Im new to the world of Dusters & so far so good. Can anyone tell me if you have to remove the rear bumper to fit a towbar.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your reply I haven't purchased one yet there seems to be a great variation in price. I would prefer a swan neck type & if posable not to have to cut bumper.

·
Registered
985 Posts
I've fitted 4 now on my own vehicles. The last on on my Trafic was the simplest (but heaviest!) as I got the plug in wiring. I strongly recommend getting the plug in kit. Tightening the bolts to the pre drilled holes took longer than the electrics!

·
Registered
173 Posts
The Thule swan neck was around £100 delivered and does not need the bumper cut or removed. This was true of my facelift 4x4. Also fitted plug in 7 pin electrics but the loom needs to reversed to take account of RHD fog. Also reverse pins in the socket for the indicators. Very easy though.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I'm looking to get a bar fitted to my 65 plate Duster 2wd, but am a bit confused by all the posts claiming no bumper cut for the Thule/Brink bars on facelift vehicles.

All of the fitting centres I've spoken to today (Including Brink/ Thule Centres) say the bumper DOES need cutting, albeit only slightly.

So, what is the real answer? I really want to avoid a cut

·
Registered
2,808 Posts
I'm looking to get a bar fitted to my 65 plate Duster 2wd, but am a bit confused by all the posts claiming no bumper cut for the Thule/Brink bars on facelift vehicles.
All of the fitting centres I've spoken to today (Including Brink/ Thule Centres) say the bumper DOES need cutting, albeit only slightly.
So, what is the real answer? I really want to avoid a cut
Try witter tow bars in Deeside, and from what I can remember there is also a couple of Trailer/Tow bar fitters not far from witter

·
Premium Member
18 Posts
I had a Thule swan neck tow bar fitted by Vospers Plymouth in 2013. No cut out was required on my 4x4.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts