UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have experience of towing a caravan with a diesel Dacia. How well does it tow, what weight and size of van have you towed, fuel consumption obtained, handling etc.? I have a new Logan and am planning on buying a caravan. The Logan is fairly high geared so I suspect fifth will effectively be an overdrive: for use on level motorways. Any thoughts welcome.

·
Premium Member
2,832 Posts
I tow a 2 berth caravan. (MIRO 710Kg, MTPLM 900Kg) with my Duster Laureate 4x2

There weren't a lot of choices, the 85% match is only 1088Kg with a legal limit of 1200Kg

However, it tows really well. On a recent trip, Manchester to Anglesey, I got 29mpg (which works out at about an an extra 6p/mile over my normal average mpg).

There is no need for a stabiliser with a properly loaded and matched caravan at legal speeds.

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive parking light

Attachments

·
Registered
67 Posts
I tow a lunar ariva which is 790kg and 1050kg tows great, no issues, plenty of power. No stabiliser fitted and I can get over 30mpg 6th gear is only useful at 60mph on motorways.
Have to be really careful with nose weights as the duster has a max of 50kg.

·
Premium Member
575 Posts
...the previous 2 posts before yours both relate to diesels, judging by the alloy wheels and other silver trim on the pictured white one (Laureate spec) and reference to '1.5 Laureate' in the other poster's member details box.

...what spec is your Duster - and what do you think of it so far?

Joe

·
Registered
22 Posts
had it 2 weeks .it had 9600 miles on the clock. most of my cars I have had were bangers I//e at least 87.000 miles on the clock so this is brill. I like the high driving position,

·
Registered
117 Posts
I tow a lunar ariva which is 790kg and 1050kg tows great, no issues, plenty of power. No stabiliser fitted and I can get over 30mpg 6th gear is only useful at 60mph on motorways.
Have to be really careful with nose weights as the duster has a max of 50kg.
Agree in general but the 4x4 is believed to be 75kg

·
Registered
4 Posts
We tow a sterkeman 330 compact caravan with a sandero 1.5 diesel. It tows very easily, and we used it in France this year. We went from Newhaven/Dieppe and we travelled across northern France to Brittany.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts