UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thanks to Duster for pointing me towards the website Tow.com. I put in the details of a Duster 2x4 access and the 900kg weight of my caravan and the result overall was 81% ability to tow. I would say that's a right result for me, as that is better than I expected for the 1600 petrol engine car. I feel I have made the right choice of model now which is a big relief, as i didn't really want a diesel and I reckon the petrol is better overall for my sort of use which only includes occasional towing. Saying that, only time will tell.

·
Registered
308 Posts
I tow with my Berlingo and it's absolutely fine. The towing weight of the Berlingo is 1200kg and the Duster Diesel is quoted as the same so I'm expecting no problems.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Something to be aware of if you have requested the touring pack and your caravan has an Alko hitch they will need an extended Alko compatible tow ball. Ive got a feeling its going to be a standard tow ball and may need changing out, they are only £25 if its required.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Yeah, touring pack ordered and old raised ball swopped on my Berlingo for the normal one, plus the stainless steel protection plate all waiting for the Duster. I had raised the ball question with the dealer and the 13pin plug and whether all 13 pins would be connected as necessary but as seems to be usual they didn't have a clue!

·
Registered
222 Posts
The only reason why I have gone for the Dacia touring pack is that I dont want to invalidate the warranty if somebody else makes a mess of it

1 - 5 of 5 Posts