UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
amazing, just amazing!
2,926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I filled Haggis up today for the second time and for the first time reset the trip computer, including the mpg reading, driving away from the petrol station the mpg started at zero and began to climb and climb and climb until in the space of three miles (at about 30mph) it was reading 72.3mpg, I stopped at lights and the mpg dropped to 63ish where it now is. Is this normal? will it settle down as I drive?

The first time I filled up the mpg didn't move but at that time I did not reset it.

·
Premium Member
2,815 Posts
yes, it doesnt makes all the calculation in real time, dont think as they are equipped with the latest high-end computing power as a pc

what my computer done in my logan for example, if u are on the real time calculation function (instant) and i go climbing a hill at 160km/h (100mph) against the wind the car full of luggage it will show even as high as 18L/100km which is huge, on the way down the hill cause of the inertia (same speed i was on the motorway) it will show me 0L/100km, then a bit later settling at an average the 7L/100km

u see it does calculation based on a certain miles done and a certain fuel gone from the tank it doesnt done it instantly but it display is instant of what it does

u have reset that and it took a little time to done the maths (funny :p )

another thing is when u fill up the petrol is also in the tube the neck of the tank, the computer is used to 50 litre maximum, since uve been done the reset he needed a time to rethink all that and after a a few miles it done the calculation

basicaly the computer not had all the info, a part of the equation was missing (the millage) it had the fuel but not the milage to do the math because of the reset (u doing the reset u have done a memory dump basicaly)

ull see if u dont reset next time it will do the calculation based on the last milage done left in its memory

its ok is a normal thing if u reset

·
amazing, just amazing!
2,926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Aye, that makes sense, the trip computer didn't have any data to work with and should be ok once the fuel starts to drop. Thanks m8.

Reactions: antavi

·
amazing, just amazing!
2,926 Posts
I used to be able to get my Panda up to 142.7mpg going downhill, which is as high as the computer would display. If it had given me 142.7 going uphill I would never have got rid of it :lol:

Reactions: antavi

·
Premium Member
2,815 Posts
in romania if im not wrong there were complaints with the instant consumption function of the computer, and tried to suit the company cause of the high numbers showed in instant mode .............hmmmmmmm some (people) :blink:

dacia took the function off the computer in the first redesign of the logan

now it on again

·
Registered
282 Posts
Don't have the trip computer in the Ambiance but I filled up with diesel on Thurs and have done 97 miles and fuel guage is still showing full. Begining to wonder if I have a problem with the guage. Will monitor it over the next couple of days.

Sorry if ithis seems a bit of post with this topic guy's

billyblue. :) :)

·
amazing, just amazing!
2,926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It's fine billy, my question has been answered. How full did you fill the tank? 1st click 2nd click?

·
Premium Member
2,815 Posts
Don't have the trip computer in the Ambiance but I filled up with diesel on Thurs and have done 97 miles and fuel guage is still showing full. Begining to wonder if I have a problem with the guage. Will monitor it over the next couple of days.

Sorry if ithis seems a bit of post with this topic guy's

u dont its just what i was saying earlier about the neck the tube on the tank,

the display has 9 lines+the light on the dash

every line is about 5 litres

drive a bit more and it will settle and dont overfill when ure at the pump

·
Registered
282 Posts
It's fine billy, my question has been answered. How full did you fill the tank? 1st click 2nd click?
Just 1st click. As soon as the fuel came up to the pump nozzle and cut off that was it .I didn't try and put any more in. I have filled the car right up a few times no prob. As I say will monitor it over the next few days.

·
Registered
230 Posts
the mpg guage, is adverage over the trip. its not designed to be instant. so you dont get a good feel for it until you have done 100 miles. once the fule guage starts to register.

·
Registered
137 Posts
In most modern cars, there are a selection of Modes on the trip comp.

Usually in this order:-

1. Instant MPG (The current calculation for that moment), will dramatically change "once every 1/2 second" depending on angle of drive, Gear ratio, Revs and current speed.
  2. Average MPG (The calculated Total Average from previous trip reset to now)
  3. Fuel "gallons" count (The Trip comp estimates the amount of fuel in Gallons that you have used, since last trip reset)

·
Registered
230 Posts
In most modern cars, there are a selection of Modes on the trip comp.

Usually in this order:-

1. Instant MPG (The current calculation for that moment), will dramatically change "once every 1/2 second" depending on angle of drive, Gear ratio, Revs and current speed.
  2. Average MPG (The calculated Total Average from previous trip reset to now)
  3. Fuel "gallons" count (The Trip comp estimates the amount of fuel in Gallons that you have used, since last trip reset)
only 2 and 3 on the duster

·
Super Moderator
2,832 Posts
The last "bar" on my fuel gauge went out as I drove home this evening, and the Fuel warning light came on. Remaining distance shows 47miles still.

I'm supposed to be getting a call from Renault tomorrow about my car going in for repairs again, and I want to hand it over nearly empty so they have to put some fuel in if they are taking it to Liverpool. I have to put fuel in the courtesy car so its only fair.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts