UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

2 months on I finally hear the noise I think a few of you have. mentioned.

Can't say it's a bad noise. Actually like it lol. Just worried if they just come like that!?

It's after the Turbo has kicked in and you change gear. Only noticed it tonight as had the window down.

Sounds like a dump valve on a Renault 5 gti but quieter lol

Cheers guys

P S a few guys from the dealers have drove my duster fairly long journeys and never mentioned it when it's been in.

Posted Via The DaciaForum.co.uk App

·
Premium Member
1,374 Posts
Don't start me off on turbos again! I've come to believe mine does work, but I'm still waiting to hear it "whine". Lucky ol' you!! :)

·
Premium Member
1,374 Posts
Doesn't work lol????

Actually I've persuaded myself it does work (it was a matter of when it kicked in that confused me). Somehow though, I miss good old-fashioned turbo-lag with the eventual kick up the pants!

·
amazing, just amazing!
2,926 Posts
Don't start me off on turbos again! I've come to believe mine does work, but I'm still waiting to hear it "whine". Lucky ol' you!! :)
I'm in much the same boat, I think I've heard it once but am not certain. I have no problem getting the car up to speed in any gear though so I assume all is well.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Fit a dump valve and big bore exhaust and you're all the way lol

·
Registered
183 Posts
Dear All;

If your turbo wasn't working you would definitely know.

Hope this helps.. :)

·
Registered
407 Posts
This is my first diesel/Turbo. Can't hear any whistle, could be due to my crap hearing. But when I need that umph, its clearly there.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ditto trubit so I'm maybe imagining it lol. It's not a bad sound though. I think/hope! :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts