UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
759 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK the nights have drawn in and the headlights are getting much more use, which has led to my problem.

When indicating to turn right I sometimes manage to cancel my headlights, I thought this was just me being clumsy but my wife drove the car recently in the dark for the first time and did exactly the same thing. So is it my car with a very light switch or just a bad design?

·
Premium Member
519 Posts
I've never had that problem, perhaps it could be a faulty switch. Have you played with it whilst stationary to see if you can replicate the problem?

·
Premium Member
759 Posts
Yes its easy to replicate, because of the ridge in the stalks design when you turn the lights on with a 90° anticlockwise rotation this ridge then sits out horizontally to the rear of the control stalk. So then when you use you finger tips to raise the stalk up to indicate right it gives a very natural grip point that can then return the light switch towards its side light / off position.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
519 Posts
I get you! I guess it will just have to be a bit of finger repositioning training? :)

I had a minor problem with my overhead storage compartment, took a few days to get used to it and not banging my forehead ....

Quackers, a 4WD Laureate

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
I had a minor problem with my overhead storage compartment, took a few days to get used to it and not banging my forehead ....
You're not supposed to sleep in there! :huh:

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Can't say I've had the signalling/light-cancelling problem and I've used the car a lot with them on...... what's the betting I do it tomorrow!

·
Registered
156 Posts
It happened to me. Flashed my headlamps at someone :angry: and ended up on side lights. Didn't take long for me to realise my fat fingers had switched off dipped beam. Lesson learned.

The switch isn't very positive and a little flimsy, doesn't take much effort to turn.

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
It happened to me. Flashed my headlamps at someone :angry: and ended up on side lights. Didn't take long for me to realise my fat fingers had switched off dipped beam. Lesson learned.

The switch isn't very positive and a little flimsy, doesn't take much effort to turn.
A typical French car trait, I think - my Pug 307 was the same. Sometimes when the indicator self-cancelled, it would flick right over to the opposite indicator. Went through three column switches for various faults while it was under warranty - once that was done i just gave up.

You'll get used to it... :unsure:

·
Premium Member
759 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
sorry to say this

but this its a 1st for me

not to be rude but what have u have done if u had a mercedes benz

which has besides the lights almost all commands on the stalk including wipers wiper water and so on
Probably indicated, turned my lights off, washed the screen and warmed the seats up. Get me multi-tasking :p

·
Registered
16 Posts
Managed to switch headlights of once when changing from full to dip beam. Not a great problem for me as I always leave the front fog lights in the on position so they are always on, like daytime running lights, when the sidelights are switched on.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Managed to switch headlights of once when changing from full to dip beam. Not a great problem for me as I always leave the front fog lights in the on position so they are always on, like daytime running lights, when the sidelights are switched on.
why do that when it's not foggy? It dazzles on coming vehicles and irritates other drivers!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using DaciaForum.co.uk mobile app

·
Registered
756 Posts
You'd better get used to the dazzle wullie, all new cars are being fitted with dazzling drl lights which tend to be positioned higher up than the fogs too.............! :)
Yes but they are not as bright as fog lights, really gets my goat when people leave fog lights on when it's not foggy, it does not look cool or anything else, police should give fines out for it as it's dangerous on wet roads.

And don't get me started on the rear ones when it's a little hazy......

·
Registered
156 Posts
You'd better get used to the dazzle wullie, all new cars are being fitted with dazzling drl lights which tend to be positioned higher up than the fogs too.............! :)
there's a big difference between a low wattage diffused light and a 55w focussed beam.

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
why do that when it's not foggy? It dazzles on coming vehicles and irritates other drivers!

...and is illegal :angry:

·
Registered
5 Posts
It is a known fault the switch is faulty. Mine is going in for investigation . Had new switch fitted 2 weeks ago cos when switching from dip to main beam headlight went off. But new switch had same fault but worse did it more often . They need to modify switch or it wont get sorted .

·
amazing, just amazing!
2,926 Posts
I have extreme problems with the stalk in my works van, it was new in May so I'm only finding out now how easy it is to switch the lights off completely or (sometimes both) start to indicate when trying to dip.

It's a Vauxhall Combo (Doblo) and everything is on the one stalk with pull for high or dip. The on/off switch is too easy to turn and the indicators flash 5 times if you twitch the stalk even a little up or down. I've found myself coming round a corner, meeting a car coming the other way and switching the lights off while indicating right. It's an accident waiting to happen.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts