UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Did the tweeters come supplied with crossovers? If they did you just need to run the speaker wire that goes to the front speaker into the crossover box instead, then you would run a speaker cable from the crossover to the original speaker and also cables up to the tweeters. The crossover will be marked with high and low outputs. The crossover is just a filter to ensure that the correct frequency ranges go to the correct speakers.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Did the tweeters come supplied with crossovers? If they did you just need to run the speaker wire that goes to the front speaker into the crossover box instead, then you would run a speaker cable from the crossover to the original speaker and also cables up to the tweeters. The crossover will be marked with high and low outputs. The crossover is just a filter to ensure that the correct frequency ranges go to the correct speakers.
Crossover is fitted inside of speakers , i know how to connect them but just asked if somebody else in here tried the same...if any good hints , as it seems i have to dismantle both doorframes to get to the speaker wirings....

·
Registered
26 Posts
I would hide the crossovers up underneath the dashboard on either side of the car, ensuring they are securely attached so they don't impede pedal operation etc. If you are mounting the tweeters in the corners of the dash, you can then just run the cabling down the side of dashboard behind the door seal rubbers or get them to route behind the dash if there is a gap. The cabling to the door speaker might be more of a challenge as you will need to get the cable through the rubber boot that goes between the door and the car. I use proper flexy rods when I'm fitting audio but bicycle gear / brake cable works just as well. This will allow to feed the rod through the gap you need to get through then attach the speaker cable to it and then pull the cable back through.

·
Premium Member
575 Posts
...part of my reason for getting a Duster was to have enough room in the back for a pair of large woofers...

Joe

p.s. this photo was taken before Sunday's debacle...

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts