UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Sandero Forum Moderator
861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well it's been two months now without a cigarette and up until today it's been pretty pain sailing!

I am tired and feeling a little under the weather but for some strange reason my mind is screaming for a smoke????

Hey ho it can bugger off because I want to buy a Land Rover project and so far I have saved an astonishing £200!!! :blink: :blink:

You have to have a bit of an incentive you know ;) :lol:

Anyone else given up the weed lately?

·
Registered
407 Posts
Well done min200. I gave up cigs after 20 years in 1997. It was my second serious attempt to stop. I wanted to do the Great North Run, so smoking was out. I used a nicotine inhaler at first. Once the holding a cig habit had gone, I slowly weaned myself off the inhaler. Stopping ain't easy, but its the best thing to do. Only when you beat that craving and get that smokey smell out of your system do you realise what an awful habit it is. I actually did GNR three times. Good luck.

·
Sandero Forum Moderator
861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks! I am looking to start training for some sort of challenge in the Peak District later this year to raise money for the epilepsy research folk that help out our friends daughter who has a really rare form of it.

So once I have sorted out a suitable challenge (over the next couple of weeks) I shall start pushing for sponsorship....you have all been warned!!! ;)

·
amazing, just amazing!
2,926 Posts
Stay strong Min, 33 years clean here and never regretted it though it wasn't always easy.

·
Sandero Forum Moderator
861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I shall keep pushing on! I just think about the old Land Rover project I will but later in the year with the money!

·
Registered
220 Posts
Congratulations Min stay strong and never try to smoke "just one" or you will be smoking again. I quit in 1986 and it's the best possible thing I could have done for my health. You will have a better life guaranteed!

·
Premium Member
886 Posts
Well done min :) btw what kind of landy are you after? Landrover international mag is my go to travelling mag :) I oogle over lift kits, winches, sump guards etc Love it.

·
Sandero Forum Moderator
861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Lol I wouls like a series 2/3 or Defender. I dribble over Land Rover Monthly lol

Sent from my GT-I9195 using DaciaForum.co.uk mobile app

·
Sandero Forum Moderator
861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Congratulations Min stay strong and never try to smoke "just one" or you will be smoking again. I quit in 1986 and it's the best possible thing I could have done for my health. You will have a better life guaranteed!
Had just the one after a year cig free so won't be making that mistake again!

Sent from my GT-I9195 using DaciaForum.co.uk mobile app

1 - 11 of 11 Posts