UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If thats the case, why is there a dashboard light (which comes on as you start the car) and the option to set the Tyre Pressure as part of the onboard computer function?

·
Premium Member
4,019 Posts
If thats the case, why is there a dashboard light (which comes on as you start the car) and the option to set the Tyre Pressure as part of the onboard computer function?
Not on my Stepway ! ;)

·
Registered
26 Posts
When I was speaking to a dealer last month, he told me that Tyre Pressure Monitoring was to be included in the next batch due into the country.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Come to think of it, if the system uses any parts from the previous generation Laguna's system (not sure if it's been used on other Renault's) you're definitely better off without.

·
Premium Member
751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well it appears I must have one of those nee batches as I've double checked and the TP symbol is present and Set tp shows as a menu option.

·
Premium Member
751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Its on the list as you cycle through the various displays, then you hold it down to reset the system if I've read the manual correctly.

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Got it on one of the trucks at work, its done four hundred and something thousand km since 2010, its the only thing that's ever goes wrong on the truck... except the adblue system, but that was put down to it being sat idle for 8 months.
Quite glad I bought my Logan before this came in then :D

Posted Via The DaciaForum.co.uk App

·
Registered
224 Posts
Will be interesting in years to come to see how reliable this system is.

A tip from Renaults past efforts was to always buy new tyres from the main dealer because your independent cheap tyre fitter guy down the road can't reprogram the system and you'll only end up needing to visit renault & have them relieve you of £70 to fix it.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Hi, I had tyre Pressure monitoring on my last Renault Laguna. I was very impressed with this new technology at first but then it started to iritate me as on many occassions in winter when the temperatur dropped the tyre pressure dropped a few pounds according to the monitoring. It always seem to happen on a cold winters nights. The problem then was the light remained on the dash quite bright until the tyre or tyres where pumped to the correct pressure again for the light to go out. I had to replace 2 electronic wheel valves and reset by Renault at around £80 a time per valve. Due to the construction of the valves, the valve body where it comes out of the rim is very thin walled to hold the electronic sensor. 1 broke while I attached a foot pump. The 2nd broke while I was having a new tyre fitted. The rim, tyre etc had to go to a Renault workshop to be fitted and then equalised and reset with the rest. Similar to coding keys. It is a nice addition but at a cost unless engineering and electronics have improved.

·
Premium Member
4,019 Posts
Hi, I had tyre Pressure monitoring on my last Renault Laguna. I was very impressed with this new technology at first but then it started to iritate me as on many occassions in winter when the temperatur dropped the tyre pressure dropped a few pounds according to the monitoring. It always seem to happen on a cold winters nights. The problem then was the light remained on the dash quite bright until the tyre or tyres where pumped to the correct pressure again for the light to go out. I had to replace 2 electronic wheel valves and reset by Renault at around £80 a time per valve. Due to the construction of the valves, the valve body where it comes out of the rim is very thin walled to hold the electronic sensor. 1 broke while I attached a foot pump. The 2nd broke while I was having a new tyre fitted. The rim, tyre etc had to go to a Renault workshop to be fitted and then equalised and reset with the rest. Similar to coding keys. It is a nice addition but at a cost unless engineering and electronics have improved.
Glad I haven't got it fitted to my Stepway then !! ;)

·
Registered
31 Posts
Hi from sunny/rainy south Wales. I got my Stepway registered at the end of December but there's no TPMs (didn't even get two tyre valve covers on one side of car!)

Apart from that it's a lovely car

·
Registered
31 Posts
Cheer's Geraint, Yes it seems that way but I thought they had to be installed from Nov 2014 to pass future MOT's

Also I can only imagine what the tyre garages will be doing "for safety, we need to change it...even though it will possibly last 10 years! :eek:

·
Registered
985 Posts
Only cars manufactured from Nov 14 are required to have it fitted and Geraint is 100% correct they are a royal PITA. Look through my troubles with it and a dealer who didn't have a clue and broke 6 sensors over 3 visits.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Yes thanks looks like i got off lightly without them. Spoke to colleague today with new bmw who ran 10 miles after puncture on run flats. Had to buy new tyre and tpm then had to redo this again at main bmw dealer as it wouldn't pair

1 - 20 of 23 Posts