UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it going to be more expensive to change a tyre and will it mean a trip to the dealer (100 mile round trip) to reset the computer at a cost every time? Also my new car comes with a spare tyre...................am I actually going to be able to fit it myself with those monitors attached :wacko:

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Is it going to be more expensive to change a tyre and will it mean a trip to the dealer (100 mile round trip) to reset the computer at a cost every time? Also my new car comes with a spare tyre...................am I actually going to be able to fit it myself with those monitors attached :wacko:
Not sure of the answers to these specific questions, Nicole. Probably the simple answer is yes - BUT whatever the consequences, they are not brand-specific, applying equally to ALL new vehicles - so, whether it be a Dacia, Ford, BMW or Rolls-Royce, we'll ALL be affected. Yet another state-sponsored expense. :angry:

The good thing is, the costs of any necessary maintenance or replacement will no doubt be proportionate to other maintenance costs - and, from what I've seen on here, Dacia are generally not too bad in that respect.

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Just to add, I would expect the Kwik-Fits and ATSs of the world to catch on fairly quickly, so I wouldn't worry too much about the trip to the dealer. Was thinking mainly of the added costs in the posting above.

·
Registered
985 Posts
Yep, others will rapidly catch up but the small value for money indeps are going to get left behind unless they fork out large wedges for the software.

The spare wheel does NOT have a TPMS valve and will indicate an error when fitted. It will then need to be changed with the new/repaired wheel with a TPMS valve or fit a TPMS valve to the spare.

A member on here recently got a set of winter wheels and they cost £80 to fit TPMS valves and code.

Good times do not lie ahead :angry: In a few years though it will have calmed down and be second nature, but until then then yes, it will cost more.

·
Registered
43 Posts
My old car had a tyre pressure monitor system and it did not require a trip to the dealers whenever it went off, you could reset it yourself. As long as you'd corrected the tyre pressure issue it would stay off, if not it would simply come back on. Why does this sound like it's so completely different?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yep, others will rapidly catch up but the small value for money indeps are going to get left behind unless they fork out large wedges for the software.

The spare wheel does NOT have a TPMS valve and will indicate an error when fitted. It will then need to be changed with the new/repaired wheel with a TPMS valve or fit a TPMS valve to the spare.

A member on here recently got a set of winter wheels and they cost £80 to fit TPMS valves and code.

Good times do not lie ahead :angry: In a few years though it will have calmed down and be second nature, but until then then yes, it will cost more.
£80 quid to fit valves and code on 4 wheels doesnt sound too bad :)

My old car had a tyre pressure monitor system and it did not require a trip to the dealers whenever it went off, you could reset it yourself. As long as you'd corrected the tyre pressure issue it would stay off, if not it would simply come back on. Why does this sound like it's so completely different?
Was that the same when changing a wheel?

·
Registered
985 Posts
You can reset yourself once you have had the tyres changed - its covered in the handbook.
As long as the vales weren't damaged in the process, therefore needing new ones. My dealer went through 4 (or 6) valves changing my 4 tyres. I never did get a true account. New valves mean recoding is required.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
You can reset yourself once you have had the tyres changed - its covered in the handbook.
Cool so the likes of ATS will replace a tyre and do that for you yes? or i'll reset myself if i can work it out (female here who just wants a car that runs at minimal cost and without getting her fingers dirty or nails chipped)!!!! so will the cost of replacing a tyre be pretty much the same as without pressure monitors or are these tyre dealers adding a few extra quid for the hassle of sticking them on new tyres?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
As long as the vales weren't damaged in the process, therefore needing new ones. My dealer went through 4 (or 6) valves changing my 4 tyres. I never did get a true account. New valves mean recoding is required.
Hope you didnt have to pay out for their incompetence.......says me that is giving away my last car due to a mobile mechanics incompetence!!!!

·
Registered
985 Posts
Hope you didnt have to pay out for their incompetence.......says me that is giving away my last car due to a mobile mechanics incompetence!!!!
I had to pay for fitting but not the extra valves. The valves are around £20 each work with a "free" coding.

·
miserable old git
848 Posts
so, if i were to have normal valves fitted in a set of winter wheels what would be the result in respect of the TPMS?

·
miserable old git
848 Posts
thanks, i think at £20 a valve I will put up with the error message

·
Premium Member
751 Posts
The valves are designed to be replaced as per a normal valve, if the sensor is replaced that needs coding.

I suspect your dealer may have damaged the sensors rather than the valves.

In answer to resetting - press the button at the end of the right hand stalk until you see Set Tp, hold it down until it starts flashing and that resets the system.

·
miserable old git
848 Posts
The valves are designed to be replaced as per a normal valve, if the sensor is replaced that needs coding.

In answer to resetting - press the button at the end of the right hand stalk until you see Set Tp, hold it down until it starts flashing and that resets the system.
so, is the sensor seperate from the valves and attached elsewhere to the wheel?

·
Registered
985 Posts

According to the dealer they are all in one units.

You cannot reset the system permanently, I have posted this before. Saying it doesn't make it happen! Nor can you reset to a custom pressure.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts