UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dacia appear to have forgotten to stick the Tyre pressure plate on my Logan mcv, someone did tell me in a post awhile back but I can't find it now, I've tried searching online but it either can't find my car or dacia isn't on their list.
Does anyone have a Logan mcv who would be kind enough to share the Tyre pressure of the 0.9 tce.
Thanks in advance,
Carlos.

Posted Via The DaciaForum.co.uk App

·
Registered
313 Posts
Hey Carlos - If you can slow down enough, check the back doors! :D ;) Mine is cleverly stuck to the lower edge of the o/s rear door - which is really helpful! :ph34r:

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey Carlos - If you can slow down enough, check the back doors! :D ;) Mine is cleverly stuck to the lower edge of the o/s rear door - which is really helpful! :ph34r:
thanks jodonut99, next time I'm with the car ill have a look, its been in its den since last night, and it probably wont see the light of day until Monday now, I'll have a look and let you know if its there.

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks jodonut99, next time I'm with the car ill have a look, its been in its den since last night, and it probably wont see the light of day until Monday now, I'll have a look and let you know if its there.

my car free weekend ended this afternoon when I had to make the trip to go pick the girls up from nanna and grandads, well 2 trips as like the fool i am, I drove all the way there before i realised I was a child seat down, so had to make the 15 mile journey back home to pick it up.
When I was putting the girls in I had a look round all the doors... and nothing. They forgot mine :eek:

·
Formally "2Dusterschris"
363 Posts
The handbook also says to increase the tyre pressures by 3 psi all round if the car is carrying the maximum load or towing.

If you need these pressures often then the spare should be inflated to 35 psi.

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The handbook also says to increase the tyre pressures by 3 psi all round if the car is carrying the maximum load or towing.
If you need these pressures often then the spare should be inflated to 35 psi.
thanks for that info, I don't get the plate, it says 32/29 for all motoring variances, my pixo had 2 different pressures, the eco pressures differed hugely to the standard (even though I did try them once, it turned the car into a boneshaker).
I think the standard was 32/30 while the eco was 40/36... I've got 3 kids and a wife to lug around, not least to mention my 17 stone frame, and relevent Prams etc, does this mean I should be using 35/32?
And our c Max which is a similar style vehicle shows the rear Tyre has a higher psi than the front, with that long rear overhang I would have imagined the Logan would be a similar setup.
Having alloys means these will no doubt need resetting every week.
Suppose I should just be good and use the ones you showed on the sticker and stop thinking and worrying about things so much that I end up even more confused... thanks for the help all, I will behave from.... now! ;)

·
Formally "2Dusterschris"
363 Posts
Why not give 35 front/32 rear a try?

I'm driving back from the North East next weekend with a full load inside the car and on the roof and I'm giving the higher pressures a try on that journey.

Must admit all the other estate cars I've owned ran higher pressures on the rear than the front but then none of them were front wheel drive.

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Why not give 35 front/32 rear a try?
I'm driving back from the North East next weekend with a full load inside the car and on the roof and I'm giving the higher pressures a try on that journey.
Must admit all the other estate cars I've owned ran higher pressures on the rear than the front but then none of them were front wheel drive.
think I will thanks. I imagine as It has alloys it will need them adjusting more often as they always seem to drop pressure more quickly than steelies. The more you can put in to start with the better.

·
Formally "2Dusterschris"
363 Posts
As I posted previously, just drove 300 miles down from Sunderland to Somerset with the interior fully loaded and a mountain bike and aluminium platform on the roof. The car ran well on tyres inflated to 35psi front/32 rear.

Astonishing how much I managed to fit in the car. I just kept finding extra little corners to put stuff in. The rear of the car was well down on the suspension but handling and ride were good (especially considering the top heavy roof load).

The little TCe 90 motor coped well, except on motorway inclines where it was necessary to switch off Eco and drop into 4th. However the fuel economy almost certainly took a hit, although the poor aerodynamics of the roof load were probably more significant in causing this than the weight of the load.

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
As I posted previously, just drove 300 miles down from Sunderland to Somerset with the interior fully loaded and a mountain bike and aluminium platform on the roof. The car ran well on tyres inflated to 35psi front/32 rear.
Astonishing how much I managed to fit in the car. I just kept finding extra little corners to put stuff in. The rear of the car was well down on the suspension but handling and ride were good (especially considering the top heavy roof load).
The little TCe 90 motor coped well, except on motorway inclines where it was necessary to switch off Eco and drop into 4th. However the fuel economy almost certainly took a hit, although the poor aerodynamics of the roof load were probably more significant in causing this than the weight of the load.
thanks for this info, at the min I'm at 33 front 30 rear, it seems alot better on the road, my last tanks fuel consumption was down, but as it started to fill up I noticed one of my front tyres started at 23 Psi, and one of the rears at 21 so I've either knocked the stuffing out of them or the dealer just hasn't bothered with it when they where supposed to do their safety checks and top ups after my 3 trips to the dealer with it.
It was very wavy over bumps and round corners, almost to the brink of instability.
Now I've got the pressures (many thanks to redforce again) I will re check every fill up, are you resetting the pressures now your back, or trying them out just driver and car?
If mine loose as much pressure again ill be putting an extra few psi in myself until winter, just to get it through.

·
Formally "2Dusterschris"
363 Posts
Before I got round to reducing the pressures I drove with no load or passengers and the car was just too bouncy on the potholed roads here in Weston super Mare.

I've now reduced the pressures.

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
[quote name="Redforce" post="72315" timestamp="1407105347"]Before I got round to reducing the pressures I drove with no load or passengers and the car was just too bouncy on the potholed roads here in Weston super Mare.
I've now reduced the pressures.[/quote at least you tried it, my last cars eco setting made every hole in the road go with a bang, whatever was saved in fuel probably would cost you the same in suspension repair.
Seems ok on 33 30, although by now they've probably dropped.
They have a solution for pot holes in the east riding, they just surface dress over them so in winter they will be twice the depth thanks to the new layer, and all the draincovers become even more sunk in.
Hope you enjoyed loading the Logan, mines off to the tip today

·
Premium Member
346 Posts
Thanks Redforce for the tyre pressure label photo.Still looking for mine.Think they must of forgot to put it on my 2015 Logan MCV.Why they can't put it on the door pillar like other car makers do.

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thanks Redforce for the tyre pressure label photo.Still looking for mine.Think they must of forgot to put it on my 2015 Logan MCV.Why they can't put it on the door pillar like other car makers do.
still can't find mine, maybe they ran out at the factory? I run mine 34 / 32, it seems to like it, it's just too wobbly with any less I find.

·
Premium Member
346 Posts
Just checked mine showing 33.5 psi front 30.5 psi back.As Iv'e only had the Logan a couple of weeks I guess the dealer

checked the pressure before dilivery.Car feels alright on these pressures.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts