UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I've had my Logan MCV a week and thought I would check the tyre pressures.

They were too high so corrected the pressure.

When I started the car the icon the dashboard display showed low pressure.

Reset the pressure on the display and it is ok now.

My question is; I thought the car didn't come with sensors in the tyre valves until the end of Nov.

How can I tell if the sensors are in the valves. They look like normal ones to me.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
751 Posts
My Stepway has the system installed and I picked that up in early September.

Anyways, the sensor is at the bottom of the valve on the inside of the rim, so from the outside it looks like a normal valve but on the inside the sensor and sender are happily sat there doing their thing.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Giffer2. That explains why I couldn't see anything.

I didn't know they worked until I reduced the pressure in the tyres.

·
Premium Member
4,020 Posts
A word of warning Don't be tempted to replace the tyre valve 'dust caps' with nice shiney fancy ones from the 'pound shop' or eBay. They 'weld' themselves on and you cannot get them off again to check or inflate the tyre. I had to have all my tyre valves replaced by the local tyre company. Cost me £40 to have all the tyres taken off, new valves fitted & rebalanced. Imagine the cost if they had TPM fitted !! So be warned !! ;)

·
Premium Member
4,020 Posts
I've still got an image of you in my head taking to your valve caps with 2 sets of pliers! Hope you're keep well Roger :)
All is well, thanks. Off to Costa-del- Sol in the morning, will monitor the forum from there !! :D

·
Registered
14 Posts
The TPMS/SSPP has been implemeted on X52 cars since week 35 of 2014.(last week of august)

The code for TPMS sensors is 407009322R.

X52 = L52(Logan II), B52(Sandero II), Bcross52(StepwayII ), K52(MCV II)

·
Registered
14 Posts
The valve and the tpm ssensor are hold together by a screw, so you can replace a valve without replacing the actual tpms sensor.

Here you can find them

1 - 8 of 8 Posts