UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
miserable old git
848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a tyre OCD

I know they are 205/55R16's but what make and type came on your Stepway?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Goodyears on mine but wondering about changing to winter tyres, so if anyone has any thoughts please let me know :)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Goodyears on mine but wondering about changing to winter tyres, so if anyone has any thoughts please let me know :)
The difference between normal tyres and winter tyres when driving in winter is like night and day. I've used winter tyres for the last 4 winters now and I will not drive in winter without them. The car just feels secure when driving. When the white stuff eventually sticks about I don't have any trouble getting around. I have used Dunlop Wintersport 4d, this year I have Nokian WRD3's fitted (sold the dunlops as they were the wrong size).

I have lost about 3mpg with the winters on but I think that is a small price to pay for the security of being able to get to work, shops etc.

I would say that if you are thinking of winter tyres put them on all 4 wheels, there are lots of youtube videos highlighting the dangers of just having 2 tyres on the driving wheels. The video that sold me on winter tyres was when a normal front wheel drive car drove up an indoor ski slope with winters fitted.

Hope this helps

1 - 10 of 10 Posts