UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know what under-body rust protection the duster has or should we be thinking of some extra application. I shouldn't think the floor-pan is galvanized! Any suggestions?

·
Registered
173 Posts
dorsetboy said:
Does anyone know what under-body rust protection the duster has or should we be thinking of some extra application. I shouldn't think the floor-pan is galvanized! Any suggestions?
Apparently it's not galvanised but should be coated in wax. the UK has the harshest road salt anywhere, no wonder we don't see many older cars. If the Duster hasnt been treated then expect lots of claims, but I just can't see that a modern car with warranty would not have sufficient treatment.

Simon

·
Formally "2Dusterschris"
363 Posts
Apparently it's not galvanised but should be coated in wax. the UK has the harshest road salt anywhere, no wonder we don't see many older cars. If the Duster hasnt been treated then expect lots of claims, but I just can't see that a modern car with warranty would not have sufficient treatment.

Simon
You don't see many rusty cars these days either, not like in the 60s and 70s when cars that were only months old could be seen with significant corrosion. The reason older cars are a rare sight on our roads today is that uneconomical to repair mechanical and electronic failures send them to the scrappers.
It will be interesting to see what happens to the Duster over the years. Its simplicity may mean it remains economical to repair much longer. So then we really will see how much the body corrodes in later life. Looking over mine it appears adequately protected and with a good pressure wash underneath every few weeks, especially in winter, I think it will last.

·
Premium Member
886 Posts
The dealer demo I had a poke under looked like it had the usual schutts (sp) stone chip guard stuff sprayed on it under the body colour (it had the uneven hammered finish) it might be worth giving it an extra coat in the wheel arches to keep your pride and joy in tip top condition. But as 2dusterchris mentioned, give it a blast with a pressure washer. There is at least plenty of ground clearance to help with keeping it clean

1 - 4 of 4 Posts