UK Dacia Forum banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
2020 Sandero Stepway, 1977 MGB Roadster
226 Posts
I’d be interested to know - I’ve found that here in France, if it is within a certain weight limit, and will go through the standard letterbox slot (i.e. can be sent as a ‘letter’) there shouldn’t be an extra charge, but it is still a lottery.

·
Registered
Oct 2013 Sandero Ambiance 1.2
1,914 Posts
I used the caps off a couple of 20-litre plastic bleach cans (sprayed silver!), stuck on with the thinnest film of mastic for easy removal.

I've also, erm, fitted a small s/s knob in the middle of the Dacia badge on the rear hatch. It's probably only me, but I find the hatch a bit like Arkwright's till in 'Open all hours', in that it opens ok, and smoothly, but shutting it can be a bit of a trial. You get it halfway down pulling on the inside handle, and then it either slams itself shut or you have to grab the outside somewhere (I used to get hold of the rear wiper pivot) and try to control it from there. Now I just pull it halfway down, grab the knob and let it shut gently.
If anyone's interested (ha-ha), I'll post a picture.
Are you sure one or both of your gas struts are not faulty. Mine balances when halt closed and needs to be pushed to about 3/4 closed before it self closes,

·
Premium Member
2020 Sandero Stepway, 1977 MGB Roadster
226 Posts
Daedalus. Hadn’t crossed my mind, but it lifts without any real effort and it will balance when half closed. The idea of fitting the knob was for something to get hold of to control the final shut.
I did say it was probably me - I think you’ve just confirmed that:)

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
I have now ordered a full set of four window one touch modules so hopefully, Ill make a post of how they go. The seller is happy to offer them a little at discount to members, still. That said, they are 50Eur each, delivered.
Sounds expensive but I recon I'll be happy I did it once they are in. At the very least, they should be fitted up front! I did want rear "Leccie's particularly though, as I am a driving instructor and often want to open them.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts