UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all.

Could you please help me out with a few bits!

Could someone post a link to where they bought their under bonnet rubber seal for a Sandero and how much I would need?

Also have any of you bought any sill protectors for their Sandero, whether they be plastic or metal and if so, where from or could you post a link?

Any links for where you have bought your boot liner from?

And lastly, which grease have you used on the exposed bonnet hinges, door hinges etc?

Thank you all very much for help!!

Clarkie

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Hi all.

Could you please help me out with a few bits!

Could someone post a link to where they bought their under bonnet rubber seal for a Sandero and how much I would need?

Also have any of you bought any sill protectors for their Sandero, whether they be plastic or metal and if so, where from or could you post a link?

Any links for where you have bought your boot liner from?

And lastly, which grease have you used on the exposed bonnet hinges, door hinges etc?

Thank you all very much for help!!

Clarkie
Hiya Clarkie have you got one now? I've got metal sill protectors on my fronts, clear plastic tape on the rear, the clear tape protects more though.
I haven't greased mine, but the dealer keeps putting some clear stuff with a yellow tint on mine.
I decided against the seal, I don't really want to mess with it too much.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hiya Clarkie have you got one now? I've got metal sill protectors on my fronts, clear plastic tape on the rear, the clear tape protects more though.
I haven't greased mine, but the dealer keeps putting some clear stuff with a yellow tint on mine.
I decided against the seal, I don't really want to mess with it too much.
Hiya Carlos! How are you?

No not yet, but I've spoken with a salesman at a Dacia dealer and as I'm in no rush and the chap seemed like a nice bloke over the phone (which is miles better than my 2 local dealers!!), I'm waiting for him to get back from holiday and I'm then going to see him!

So this clear plastic sill tape you mentioned, where did you get it from?

I only really want sill protectors because my missus always catches her shoes on the sill and I've got a 2 year old boy!!!

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
I'm good thanks, hope your well too, have you decided which spec and engine you're going for? I know you've been pondering, but all that can change at time of order like it did for me.
The sill protectors on mine don't seem to protect the bit that people clunk their feet against I found, in the back I cut 2 sheets off a roll of vynyl wrap just to cover the sill where the silver sill protectors are missing and to the outside edge just so it's not too visible from outside.
I got it from amazon, I just put in the search car protective film, all the usual stuff ventureshield, 3m etc came up, and one from a Chinese company that was about 3 pound a roll, I tried it first on our c max, the fridge, the dryer and the front door handle, considering it's amount of contact, it's holding on well on the front door handle and other objects!!!
It was a bit tricky to start with mind, I had a few failed attempts :-D

·
Registered
228 Posts
Yeah I good thanks Carlos!

Thanks for your reply! I've just had a look on Amazon and that clear stuff looks good and very reasonably priced too!! .

Well I've always loved the way the Sandero and Logan Access models look (I know, I'm weird!!) and the sensible option would be to get the Logan, just for the extra boot space for holidays!

But the vast majority of the time, I'm in the car on my own and plus I've done the measurements and surprisingly, the Sandero boot is only a tiny bit smaller than my mk2 Mondeo!!

With that in mind, the Sandero is 1k cheaper than the Logan!

I've just got to see what the dealer offers me part ex for my car and if its a reasonable amount then I'll order one. If not, I shall order one say in January to get one on the 16 reg and sell my car privately!!

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Also a couple of weeks ago, I had a customer who turned up in a Sandero Access and they look great in the metal (well I think so anyway!!!!).

I got talking to the chap and he absolutely loves it and he said its the best car he has ever had! It was a 63 plate and he has had it from new and has had no problems with it too.

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
We was going for a sandero initially, but the boot swayed it for the Mrs, plus she wasn't keen on the painted edge on the sanderos boot landing, the logan next it looked like a different class of car, I suppose they had to do a better job with the Logan's boot looks everyone who's interested is going to look there.
In the real world though the sandero would have done me 99% of the time, still sometimes wished I'd just gone for what I went for and saved a couple of thousand, wouldn't skimp on the engine though, I'd have the tce again.
Trade in prices are a mystery to me, how 2 places can have such different prices can make the task a chore, as most of them are reluctant to give a price unless you sign your house over first.

·
Registered
44 Posts
clarkie - you're not the only one who thinks the Sandero looks great 'in the metal'. I was idly browsing one morning and wondering whether or not it was time to replace the ageing Micra, and I came across the Dacia (which was a name I had never previously heard of). By lunchtime, I had seen the car in the metal at the nearby dealership, and by 2 pm my wife had completed her test drive and the decision was made. The decision was based on the car's price and appearance as well as the build quality and the size of the boot. I'm not sure that I believe the stories about tailgaters targeting the Dacia badge - although I am highly satisfied with the Sandero's appearance, I have great difficulty in distinguishing it from the masses of other very similar-looking cars. Even the badges all look the same to me!

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Which engine did you go for nobbynooby?

It annoys me a little with the way the motoring press bang on about how cheap the Dacia's interiors are and how poorly they drive and how slow they are!!!

I went on a test drive not expecting much but I was pleasantly surprised with how nippy the 1.2 is and how it keeps up with modern traffic, even though in reviews I've read the majority have said its slow and noisy!!!

Oh and just because the dash isn't the latest soft feel type then it must be utter rubbish mustn't it!!!! Well I don't know about other people but I don't tend to touch and caress my dash too much so it doesn't matter if a Sandero dash is a little hard!!!

The other negative point I read was how you can see the airbag point on the passenger side of the dash!! So what? You can on other much more expensive cars!!

I will be placing an order for a Sandero in the near future!

·
Registered
44 Posts
I think you have to remember that most motoring journalists probably harbour J.Clarkson/TopGear fantasies and therefore assume that it is normal for car owners to push their car to its performance limits at every opportunity.

Our test drive was in a 0.9 litre model, and it was very nice indeed. But we bought the 1.2 which is also very nice indeed, and much cheaper. The VED is higher, but the extra cost will be spread over several years. Fuel consumption is not really an issue for us because of our low annual mileage. I don't think we even looked at the design of the dashboard - it has a radio, a fuel gauge and a speedometer plus all the usual warning lights - but we thought the driving seat was well made and comfortable.

The Sandero is a well-designed, well-made, good-looking small car with a decent-sized boot and a ridiculously low price tag.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I've driven both the 1.2 and the 0.9 and I personally preferred the 1.2.

Which trim did you go for nobby?

I'm going to go for an Access as I love the black bumpers and steel wheeled look. Plus my only real essential is a radio/CD player, which I'll be paying extra for!

It still amazes me that you can buy a brand new motor for only £5995!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts