UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
miserable old git
848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have factory fitted soundproofing under the bonnet?

I see that the Turkish ones have (it must be a Laurette as it has aircon) and I was wondering if the Laurette here has similar?

(see photo below)

sound.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Does yours have the bonnet seal as others have had to buy that and put it on ? Another thread says that helps with sound deafening as well

·
Registered
224 Posts
I've never driven without the bonnet seal but I'm sure it's making a huge difference in keeping the engine bay clean. It looks brand new still!

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Was it on there when you purchased the car? There seems to be quite a few little differences in just about every Duster out there ............

·
miserable old git
848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
@carlos it's a Sandero Stepway....Truth has mentioned Duster but it's definately a Stepway.

I was just wondering because I have seen some with and some without.

·
Premium Member
4,022 Posts
My 2013 Stepway Laureate cCi is the same as MMQ's 'photo, but I added the bonnet seal myself.!! -:)

·
Registered
319 Posts
If you dont have any soundproofing or if you find the car a bit noisy then go buy some of the rubberised , silver foil covered sound proofing sheet and simply stick them on. I did it on my Duster under the bonnet and the entire boot floor.

Now i have no noise , no droning etc and it makes listening to the music much nicer too. All you do is peel of the backing and stick the sheets on with any cutting done with kitchen scissors etc.

·
Registered
319 Posts
There is a site on Ebay called sound-deadening-shop. Its good stuff and sorts out the vibration, resonance and other annoying noises. I lined the entire boot on the Duster and did under the fire proof black thing under the bonnet. It clips off and i stuck it to the underside straight onto the paint. Done in an hour and now the motorways dont rumble at all.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts