UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello;

New to this forum but was wondering if I could ask for some advice please.

Recently bought a 2015 Dacia Sandero Stepway. Noticed immediately that after driving there was a small drip under nearside front bonnet area (photos enclosed). I put a bit of paper down and it had a pinkish tinge and therefore I thought it could be coolant as the coolant was lower than it should have been. Booked it in and they told me it needed a new thermostat valve or pump thingy as there was a slight leak from it.

Got the car back last night and low and behold exact same problem still there with a small leak with a pinkish tinge to it. Any ideas what this could be caused by?

Not had any air con on and it's the pinkish colour that gives me the impression that it is a leak from somewhere .

Thanks for the help.

Cheers

Attachments

·
Registered
Oct 2013 Sandero Ambiance 1.2
2,035 Posts
Hydraulic steering fluid? The reservoir is above in front of the battery. It's a hydraulic system with an electric pump on the stepway engines.

What colour is your coolant? Mines green.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hydraulic steering fluid? The reservoir is above in front of the battery. It's a hydraulic system with an electric pump on the stepway engines.

What colour is your coolant? Mines green.
Thanks for the reply. My coolant is a pinky peach colour which made me think it was that.

·
Registered
239 Posts
The state of vehicle repair today is shocking. Is there any more mechanics left?
I seriously doubt it.
Can you find fitters proficient in blagging?
Absolutely!
Very sad.

·
Registered
Stepway '17 & Amb' '13 both TCe90
45 Posts
Try placing a tray beneath the likely rip position to catch a few drips, it should be obvious whether the fluid is antifreeze/coolant or hydraulic fluid. If still in doubt although I'm sure, not recommended by the Health and Safety people, if you taste a drop it will be very evident if it is coolant (be sure too have a good spit afterwards) modern antifreeze is very bitter (to stop things drinking it, old type antifreeze tasted sweet and apparently leaks were attractive to cats, which unfortunately did them harm).
Unfortunately, the only way to be really sure it to take off the undertray and get underneath with a bright light and see where the fluid is coming from. If the place you bought the car from is unwilling to assist, as already suggested, you may have to invoke the services of another garage.
Good luck.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Try placing a tray beneath the likely rip position to catch a few drips, it should be obvious whether the fluid is antifreeze/coolant or hydraulic fluid. If still in doubt although I'm sure, not recommended by the Health and Safety people, if you taste a drop it will be very evident if it is coolant (be sure too have a good spit afterwards) modern antifreeze is very bitter (to stop things drinking it, old type antifreeze tasted sweet and apparently leaks were attractive to cats, which unfortunately did them harm).
Unfortunately, the only way to be really sure it to take off the undertray and get underneath with a bright light and see where the fluid is coming from. If the place you bought the car from is unwilling to assist, as already suggested, you may have to invoke the services of another garage.
Good luck.
Thank you much appreciated. I called the garage this morning and they will book it on for another look. Fingers crossed they get to the root of the problem

1 - 8 of 8 Posts