UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's an updated mpg log for logan TCE for anyone that's interested.
45mpg in winter, more than I'd hoped for considering how much idling time seems to have in creased over the past few months. :-D

Attachments

·
Registered
224 Posts
Your figures appear to be very similar to mine, I must admit I was hoping to be closer to the the 50mpg mark this time of year. But all considered it's not that surprising especially when it takes so long to warm up these cold mornings.

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Your figures appear to be very similar to mine, I must admit I was hoping to be closer to the the 50mpg mark this time of year. But all considered it's not that surprising especially when it takes so long to warm up these cold mornings.
do you think it's slow to warm up? I thought it was pretty fast... Usually heat is felt after the first mile, But then again some of the things I get lumbered with at work take an eternity to warm up... Unless I cheat and use the night heater (wonder why they don't put them in cars???)
Overall I'm pleased with the mpg, for the small engine and the weight it's got to carry, I don't think it does too bad really.

·
Registered
224 Posts
do you think it's slow to warm up? I thought it was pretty fast... Usually heat is felt after the first mile, But then again some of the things I get lumbered with at work take an eternity to warm up... Unless I cheat and use the night heater (wonder why they don't put them in cars???)
Overall I'm pleased with the mpg, for the small engine and the weight it's got to carry, I don't think it does too bad really.
Very slow, it takes a good 6 to 7 miles. That's comparable with my old 4.0 litre jeep, that had an all Iron engine, there as my wifes 1.4 fusion is fully up to temperature within a mile or so, much more inline with what I'd expect from an aluminium engine.

Maybe the thermostat on my Logan is not closing fully when cold. In all other respects I'm very happy with the car.

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Very slow, it takes a good 6 to 7 miles. That's comparable with my old 4.0 litre jeep, that had an all Iron engine, there as my wifes 1.4 fusion is fully up to temperature within a mile or so, much more inline with what I'd expect from an aluminium engine.

Maybe the thermostat on my Logan is not closing fully when cold. In all other respects I'm very happy with the car.
I'm off to work in a min, I'll try and remember to reset the trip meter and See how long it takes and how many mines for warm air To come through the vents to Compare.
I'm not sure about yours but I keep mine in 3rd until passing 30mph, maybe it helps heating it up quicker, my first mine is a continuous 30mph straight for just about 1 mile.

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Within 1 mile there's warm air, within 3 miles the air is hot from the blowers.
After resetting the trip comp showed 53mpg for my trip to work... Although at this time of morning there's not alot of traffic.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Interesting, thanks for that. When I set off, I have to pootle through the village for about a mile and a half. Then sit at the lights for a minute, hang a left and sit at 50mph for the next 5 miles. By then the temp is up to 77°c, so still not at the full 84°c. That takes another mile or so.

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Interesting, thanks for that. When I set off, I have to pootle through the village for about a mile and a half. Then sit at the lights for a minute, hang a left and sit at 50mph for the next 5 miles. By then the temp is up to 77°c, so still not at the full 84°c. That takes another mile or so.
I'm not sure of the exact Temp, but it's very nice at this time of year.

·
Registered
224 Posts
I use Torque pro on my android phone and a Bluetooth OBD dongle, this gives me a nice accurate temperature display and I also have a boost gauge onscreen.

Why Dacia have omitted a temperature gauge is a mystery to me.

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I use Torque pro on my android phone and a Bluetooth OBD dongle, this gives me a nice accurate temperature display and I also have a boost gauge onscreen.

Why Dacia have omitted a temperature gauge is a mystery to me.
alot of them seem to do Now, Think there's only fords we've had where they've been in every model ( can't remember about the ka though)
Sounds a good idea to keep an eye on everything.

·
Registered
224 Posts
I miss the dashboards on my old Capri's and MkII Granada's, fully populated with oil pressure, ammeter, volt meter and the obvious temperature gauges.

All that necessary to keep a good check on the health of the vehicle.

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I miss the dashboards on my old Capri's and MkII Granada's, fully populated with oil pressure, ammeter, volt meter and the obvious temperature gauges.

All that necessary to keep a good check on the health of the vehicle.
I think they need room for all the technology, we got a new Mercedes at work yesterday, I can't even work the dash out on that yet, I've driven alot of tat in my time but that could be considered the worst!
I know on fords you can bring up most of that info if your car has the lcd odometer without any tools, Wonder if there's a 'cheat code' for dacia.

·
Registered
224 Posts
I think they need room for all the technology, we got a new Mercedes at work yesterday, I can't even work the dash out on that yet, I've driven alot of tat in my time but that could be considered the worst!
I know on fords you can bring up most of that info if your car has the lcd odometer without any tools, Wonder if there's a 'cheat code' for dacia.
I think that manufactures believe that most people don't understand or even care what all those dials and numbers mean so why bother to go to the effort of designing a dashboard around them, and I kind of agree as the level of ignorance amongst my friends and family is quite astounding. As long as it goes that'll do.

I really do lament the passing of the majority of men being able to change a wheel at the side of the road and perform basic maintenance. To many iphags who care more about crappy APPs on their crappy iphones, even my wife 7 months pregnant changed a wheel last year!

Anyhow, I'm ranting. I'll stop now O:)

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I think that manufactures believe that most people don't understand or even care what all those dials and numbers mean so why bother to go to the effort of designing a dashboard around them, and I kind of agree as the level of ignorance amongst my friends and family is quite astounding. As long as it goes that'll do.

I really do lament the passing of the majority of men being able to change a wheel at the side of the road and perform basic maintenance. To many iphags who care more about crappy APPs on their crappy iphones, even my wife 7 months pregnant changed a wheel last year!

Anyhow, I'm ranting. I'll stop now O:)
nothing like a good rant :-D
My wife says I go into rant mode when I'm 'on one' or so she calls it, usually lasts the full evening and results in her laughing so much she's crying ????
when we lived in east Hull I had punctures all the time, now we live further away I get hardly any, think it's because my primera had inner tubes, thank god we don't use them these days. I haven't changed a wheel for about 12 years, I wonder if it's like riding a bike?
I know what your saying about people not caring, my wife would never lift the bonnet on a car, and I had a mate who let his brand new suzuki swift run dry after about 10 months because he never checked his anything, there was obviously a fault that never got picked up on, he did the same to a new ish astra a few years later because he never had it serviced, it lasted 2 and a half years before that seized, some people never learn... Expensive mistakes, Although in his line of work its like pocket money to him, and he has that nothing bothers him attitude.

·
Registered
224 Posts
A Suzuki Swift lol, I had an old one as a stop gap just recently. Painted it NATO green, the entire time I had it I was hoping it would die.

He did well to get 2.5 years out of the Astra.

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
A Suzuki Swift lol, I had an old one as a stop gap just recently. Painted it NATO green, the entire time I had it I was hoping it would die.

He did well to get 2.5 years out of the Astra.
2 and a half years out of the original oil, It passed it's first MOT within his ownership.
My colleague after all the quizzing and questioning me about the Dacia for the past 2 months has decided on another astra,almost 3 year old 1.7 cdti for the same price as a brand new Sandero dCi... Can tell he doesn't listen, considering our other colleague has got a 13 plate with the same engine and struggles to get 50mpg out of it and is thinking if getting shut as it's clutch has just about gone (flywheel I reckon) at 16000 miles.
Must be crazy... Suppose he'll make his own mistakes, he's paid 200 pound for paint protection (on a nearly 3yo car!) 300 pound for 3years alloy wheel and tyre insurance, and the same for minor accident repair (erm car insurance covers this???)... Think the salesman's hands where white hot from the rubbing when they saw him coming into the showroom...
Suzukis ain't too bad I don't think, my pixo had a suzuki engine, it was very reliable.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Of all the people I know who have had Vauxhalls including myself, there's not been a good one.

Suzuki's hmm well the one I had was OK, I just hated it. My mother in law had a Jimny and a Grand Vitara both at the same time, I know its odd but it made sense to her. Anyway Vitara bought new in 04 and Jimny purchased 05 on an 04 plate. Both quite badly rotten by 2011. The Vitara went behind the front bumper and the Jimmy was so bad the rear light clusters had to be taped in place. Worse still are the parts prices. The Vitara at 60 thousand miles need a new drive belt and an idler pulley, no problem due to having a Peugeot 2.0 HDI engine so I thought. Wrong! The whole arrangement has been changed to fit the remarkably tight engine bay, none of the pulleys were available as pattern parts so off to the main dealer I go.

2 small idler pulleys £200 each, 1 large tensioner pulley, the one I really needed £300 and the new belt £200. Yep that's a total of £900 plus some loose change. In the end I managed to fit new bearings in the two idler pulleys and got hold of a pattern belt, but the tensioner pulley was a no go.

At that point it was throw it back together, and being the clutch was not feeling very healthy both suzuki's were hastily moved on, narrowly averting financing ruin.

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Of all the people I know who have had Vauxhalls including myself, there's not been a good one.

Suzuki's hmm well the one I had was OK, I just hated it. My mother in law had a Jimny and a Grand Vitara both at the same time, I know its odd but it made sense to her. Anyway Vitara bought new in 04 and Jimny purchased 05 on an 04 plate. Both quite badly rotten by 2011. The Vitara went behind the front bumper and the Jimmy was so bad the rear light clusters had to be taped in place. Worse still are the parts prices. The Vitara at 60 thousand miles need a new drive belt and an idler pulley, no problem due to having a Peugeot 2.0 HDI engine so I thought. Wrong! The whole arrangement has been changed to fit the remarkably tight engine bay, none of the pulleys were available as pattern parts so off to the main dealer I go.

2 small idler pulleys £200 each, 1 large tensioner pulley, the one I really needed £300 and the new belt £200. Yep that's a total of £900 plus some loose change. In the end I managed to fit new bearings in the two idler pulleys and got hold of a pattern belt, but the tensioner pulley was a no go.

At that point it was throw it back together, and being the clutch was not feeling very healthy both suzuki's were hastily moved on, narrowly averting financing ruin.
think it's like myself and fords, like a comfort blanket :-D the huge price difference helped me move away, the annoying part being is his questions and enthusiasm for dacia, I should have realised the fact that he hadn't even downloaded the e brochure after about 3 weeks he wasn't going to budge, but £11200 with all the add ons for a 12 plate astra that was registered in April that year??? I think it's a bit steep.
I thought suzukis where generally quite strong... Guess that's blind opinion on Japanese cars then, I know Nissan got a bit ropey when they first got in bed with renault, seemed to be when I went off them, although could be to do with the crazy shape they altered the primera to, put me right off, and the new micra they've decided on? What where they thinking? After the huge success of the bubble shaped one, they change it from appealing to ladies of all ages, to appealing only to the over 60s, I guess each to their own ;-) You certainly don't see as many around as you used to, that's for sure... But I don't mind the look of that new pulsar, but it's a bit overpriced for me.

·
Registered
224 Posts
think it's like myself and fords, like a comfort blanket :-D the huge price difference helped me move away, the annoying part being is his questions and enthusiasm for dacia, I should have realised the fact that he hadn't even downloaded the e brochure after about 3 weeks he wasn't going to budge, but £11200 with all the add ons for a 12 plate astra that was registered in April that year??? I think it's a bit steep.
I thought suzukis where generally quite strong... Guess that's blind opinion on Japanese cars then, I know Nissan got a bit ropey when they first got in bed with renault, seemed to be when I went off them, although could be to do with the crazy shape they altered the primera to, put me right off, and the new micra they've decided on? What where they thinking? After the huge success of the bubble shaped one, they change it from appealing to ladies of all ages, to appealing only to the over 60s, I guess each to their own ;-) You certainly don't see as many around as you used to, that's for sure... But I don't mind the look of that new pulsar, but it's a bit overpriced for me.
Each to their own I suppose, there's nothing about Vauxhalls that gets me enthused. Japanese cars are generally very good, but can be very expensive to put right IF they go wrong. Suzuki seem to be pretty niche, concentrating on small kei cars brought directly from the Japanese home market, they do however seem to be more established and improving their range since the 2008 launch of the new Swift.

Funny you should mention the Micra, I was at the petrol station filling up the Logan yesterday. There was an old boy who'd been chatting to the cashier for what appeared to be quite some time, when he left he made his way to an immaculate F registered 1989 Micra in letter box red, I'd bet he's had that from new.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts