UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi has anyone upgraded the day running lights to LED bulbs?.I understand they are capless 21/5w but cant seem to find any bulbs apart from stop/tail bulbs which are white/red-not suitable for front lights. cheers

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hi all its been a while since i have posted.Just wondering if anybody has found the correct LED bulbs to upgrade the drls?.

·
Premium Member
751 Posts
I tried with some LED lights but the current draw is too much for the circuit and it pops fuses like no-ones business. I've swapped mine for xenon gas filled bulbs with a blue coating which makes them appear whiter.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I tried with some LED lights but the current draw is too much for the circuit and it pops fuses like no-ones business. I've swapped mine for xenon gas filled bulbs with a blue coating which makes them appear whiter.
Thanks for the reply.Have you got a link or a supplier for the bulbs? :)

·
Registered
272 Posts
Just enter this item I D on Ebay .290758600651.It lists them for Vauxhall Astra/Insignia but they fit and work on My Stepway okay.

·
Premium Member
886 Posts
The prob is led bulbs are polarity sensitive, the drl's fitted have two filaments so you have a couple of possibilities to get the polarity right. It all depends how the have been manufactured. Try to imagine looking at the bottom of the original drl bulb. On a filament bulb it doesn't matter if it's fitted normally or 180° out. But due to the nature of an led it does. I haven't bothered to get my multimeter out to find out what the stepway is wire yet but I hope this explains the options.

++-- or 180° out --++
+-+- or 180° out -+-+

:)

·
Registered
224 Posts
Just a small note, as you're probably not aware but putting LED bulbs in where the original bulb was not LED on the exterior of a car is illegal.

Basically the only exterior bulbs LEDs can legally go in are the reverse lights.

·
Premium Member
81 Posts
It is certainly an MoT failure (when the time comes) to have an LED bulb fitted where one was not originally specified.

·
miserable old git
848 Posts
how about these sexy little lights.

No bumper removal, no drilling, no cutting and no glueing, screwing or bolting - clips in via exisiting grille holes.

I have feelers out for stockists so will post it when I find out what's what.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 35 Posts