UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
want to upgrade my manual wing mirrors to electric but can't be sure about the wiring, anyone tried or got some information about this ?

·
Registered
Oct 2013 Sandero Ambiance 1.2
1,821 Posts
I think this is not realistic. Cars that have this will do it over the dreaded Canbus so unless you have access to Renault CanClip software it will not be realistically achievable. As an example in the UK the first cars had the electric windows switches mounted in the central console as they were probably directly wired. With the UK face lift the switches were moved to the door arm rests and will also now use the Canbus and the UCH module. Even if you get the mirrors it will be impossible to "legally" get them to work as Renault closely guards CanClip and dealers will require authorisation to enable extra functions which would probably not be given. In the UK dealers usually play stupid when met with such a request.

·
Premium Member
1,402 Posts
I tend to agree with Daedalus, it may not be realistic. I am not sure it goes tho' the Canbus, Daedalus may will be right. I have the CanClip Software on my laptop and have used it to reprogram my MediaNav from a Vauxhall unit to a Dacia Unit. Canclip Software is not for the faint hearted. Over here in the UK, second hand mirrors are £50 each and a Dacia / Renault mirror control unit is around £20. The BIG problem I see is the wiring and a wiring diagram and this is where I think as Daedalus has said it may not be realistic. Myself I would take a door trim off and see if the connector / wiring for the electric door mirrors is there and look to see if the connector / wiring for the mirror control unit is also there behind the dash, then finally check the fuse listing in the manual to see if there is a fuse for the electric mirrors and if it is fitted. Our 2014 1.5dci Stepway Laurette has the mirror control to the right of the steering wheel low down with the window controls on the dash low down in the middle.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I think this is not realistic. Cars that have this will do it over the dreaded Canbus so unless you have access to Renault CanClip software it will not be realistically achievable. As an example in the UK the first cars had the electric windows switches mounted in the central console as they were probably directly wired. With the UK face lift the switches were moved to the door arm rests and will also now use the Canbus and the UCH module. Even if you get the mirrors it will be impossible to "legally" get them to work as Renault closely guards CanClip and dealers will require authorisation to enable extra functions which would probably not be given. In the UK dealers usually play stupid when met with such a request.
Wow, I'm schocked . It's just a bloody wing mirror which doesn't make any changes or difficulties on riding or safety (even its morw safe to have it)... and there's a lot against fitting it additionally . UK law is more strict than here in Turkey, I'm aware about that.
About working it out; i can say if there's wiring already installed, it will definitely work once the wings on, my experience comes from fog lights

·
Premium Member
1,402 Posts
YakupAkkaya, yes, it only a bloody wing mirror, if the wiring etc are there go for it, I would.

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
YakupAkkaya, yes, it only a bloody wing mirror, if the wiring etc are there go for it, I would.
Even if the wiring is there it will most likely not be enabled in the cars electronics. Canbus is not plug and play. Consider this, will wiring be run directly from the drivers door to the electric mirror on the passengers door? One of the main reasons for the development of Canbus was to simplify the wiring loom.

·
Premium Member
1,402 Posts
Daedalus, yes, as previous, I would give it a go if the wiring was there, still cannot understand why the mirrors would go thro' the canbus, but anything is possible nowadays. I use to design and program PLC control systems to simplify wiring etc. What helps me is having the Canclip software and diagnostic tool.

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
My thinking is that each mirror has an X axis motor, Y axis motor and a heater element with timer. (Are they wired in series or parallel with the rear screen heater?) That is six cables if directly wired, presumable the motors can not be simply connected to ground or they would not be reversible.

The old electric windows may be directly wired as the switches are mounted centrally and the rear switches are on the back of the central console and would be just two wires to each window. Now the controls for the windows have moved to the drivers door as well as a switch on the other doors with I believe one touch operation on the drivers window at least I think they will now be Canbus.

Of course I could be completely wrong but at the prices you quote for secondhand parts of £120 it is a lot to waste unless someone can confirm they will work.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Even if the wiring is there it will most likely not be enabled in the cars electronics. Canbus is not plug and play. Consider this, will wiring be run directly from the drivers door to the electric mirror on the passengers door? One of the main reasons for the development of Canbus was to simplify the wiring loom.
we will see, let you know once I found out B)

·
Registered
19 Posts
My thinking is that each mirror has an X axis motor, Y axis motor and a heater element with timer. (Are they wired in series or parallel with the rear screen heater?) That is six cables if directly wired, presumable the motors can not be simply connected to ground or they would not be reversible.

The old electric windows may be directly wired as the switches are mounted centrally and the rear switches are on the back of the central console and would be just two wires to each window. Now the controls for the windows have moved to the drivers door as well as a switch on the other doors with I believe one touch operation on the drivers window at least I think they will now be Canbus.

Of course I could be completely wrong but at the prices you quote for secondhand parts of £120 it is a lot to waste unless someone can confirm they will work.
it's 5 wire cable, that's for sure ( maybe it's without heater, not sure about this).

on my car (2014) the control is on dash, left side down near the door. I'm hoping that the wiring procedure differs according countries (law)...wish me luck instead :D

(place of wing mirrors control)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1lqV--aBek0Ct1XebRwVWBVkJntxOLzlA/view?usp=sharing

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
it's 5 wire cable, that's for sure ( maybe it's without heater, not sure about this).

on my car (2014) the control is on dash, left side down near the door. I'm hoping that the wiring procedure differs according countries (law)...wish me luck instead :D

(place of wing mirrors control)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1lqV--aBek0Ct1XebRwVWBVkJntxOLzlA/view?usp=sharing
Is that a photo of your own car? If so it is very different from a UK Ambiance. For example where the mirror controls are there is a blanking plate in the relative position for RHD.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Is that a photo of your own car? If so it is very different from a UK Ambiance. For example where the mirror controls are there is a blanking plate in the relative position for RHD.
No no it's not, I've ambiance, this one is laurente

Yakup
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 16 of 16 Posts