UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My android htc one phone won't change using this port am I right assuming that it's only for audio (which would make sense as it is the media device) ;)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi I have the same issue with my phone and can't find a fix. It states everywhere that you can charge a phone with the USB but mine won't. Let me know if you find a fix please.

·
Premium Member
751 Posts
Actually the lead does make a difference.

If a normal lead is used it has power + and - and data tx/rx, and when connected to certain devices/chargers the phone will see it as a connection to a computer and only draw 500ma - when you connect it, go to the power settings of the phone and it'll show USB - when connected to the supplied wall charger this will show as AC.

Assuming that the medianav usb port will allow a current draw of more than 500ma then you will need a charge only usb lead - have a look on amazon at portapow, they make leads just for this option.

Alternatively you'll need an in car charger, but make sure you find one that does auto switching, this eliminates the need for the different cable and allows your phone to take the maximum current it and the charger will allow.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Thanks Giffer2, most helpful.

I was wondering why my Lumia didn't charge but my wife's elderly Sony Ericsson Vivaz did, using the original leads.

·
Registered
1 Posts
i have just bought a dacia duster i have tried htc one phone that charges i tried a sony m2 experia that charges as well these were off the same leads.Then i tried my sat nav that allso worked it was a tom tom via 35 sat nav the only thing that came up was usb not recognised but that was because it wasnt mp3 player but it did charge and work those 3 items.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts