UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2016 1.5 dci 110bhp Duster
Making a whistling/hissing noise at low rpm when accelerator depressed gently.
Noise is coming out of the air vents ,sounds like turbo just starting to spool and making low boost pressure getting through/surging through control pipes ?

·
Registered
372 Posts
Check all vacuum hoses for cracks. There is a small red rubber hose w/ metal pipe which is going to the post turbine pressure sensor. This can crack & produce this noise. It is located at the back of the engine to the left of the EGR as u face the engine (It's difficult to see). This is a photo of the part.

Output device Cable television Television Television set Computer monitor

·
Registered
372 Posts
Here's 2 pics I took today. The sensor is to the left of the EGR & is easily visible from the lt side of the car behind the air duct. The wires w/ black plastic sleeving are going to it. Standing in front, put your fingers on the sensor & move them down under & u will be able to feel the rubber pipe w/ the clips and the metal pipe going down.

Open the bonnet, start the engine (get someone to raise it to 2k RPM). Check for the hissing noise & move your fingers over the rubber pipe.

If this is the cause the whole pipe has to be replaced at a workshop. No need to replace the sensor on top. Access is the problem!

Hood Motor vehicle Automotive fuel system Automotive exterior Automotive design

Automotive lighting Hood Motor vehicle Automotive tire Vehicle

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Here's 2 pics I took today. The sensor is to the left of the EGR & is easily visible from the lt side of the car behind the air duct. The wires w/ black plastic sleeving are going to it. Standing in front, put your fingers on the sensor & move them down under & u will be able to feel the rubber pipe w/ the clips and the metal pipe going down.

Open the bonnet, start the engine (get someone to raise it to 2k RPM). Check for the hissing noise & move your fingers over the rubber pipe.

If this is the cause the whole pipe has to be replaced at a workshop. No need to replace the sensor on top. Access is the problem!

View attachment 37614

View attachment 37615
That's great, thanks for that !!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

View attachment 37614

View attachment 37615
Just coming back to this, as never got it sorted yet!! Do you know what the name of the hose is so I can order one up? Have a mechanic to fit it, just need to get the part !!

·
Registered
372 Posts
Have u identified & confirmed that this is the source of the noise? The job is simple but visibility & access are the real problems. Confirm it first & go to the service centre.

I don't know the part number. I have liberally applied silicone polish on it w/ my fingers after I came to know that cracking of this rubber pipe is a potential problem! There are a number of vacuum pipes (hard black plastic) at the back. One vacuum line goes to the turbo.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts