UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am collecting my duster today & time has officially slowed to a crawl, in fact i think it's going backwards

It has been 12.04 for the last 20 minutes! WILL 4PM EVER COME?!

·
Super Moderator
2,832 Posts
Remember to check for rust under the bonnet, under the door seals, marks around the bumper join, and if you ordered any accessory packs, that you actually get everything you paid for.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I got mine faster because I cancelled the protection pack, but i dont think they have altered the bill so i will sort that out when i go in later, if time ever starts moving again grrrr

·
Registered
122 Posts
Do you mean these things are delivered as " Rusty Dusty's " ??? Not to worry , brand new Jeep Patriots were always delivered with rusty wheel hubs & leaking roof seams !!

Reactions: antavi

·
Registered
230 Posts
is it only the white ones that rust?

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
NOOOOOOO! Paperwork mixup means i can't have it until tomorow morning!!!! ARGGGGHHH!!!

·
Registered
198 Posts
there is no actual rust on them
You seem very certain that there is no rust. Can you amplify that comment a bit please.

·
Premium Member
2,815 Posts
You seem very certain that there is no rust. Can you amplify that comment a bit please.
if u read all the topics about this subject and all the threads u will see what i mean, of course nothing its perfect on this world but a few cars with bits of problems from millions produced its normal

and the problems are occurring mainly as bad handling by fitting stuff on them not from the manufacturing process,

ive said this before its not a car made by slaves on ships anchored in international lawless waters

·
Registered
5,411 Posts
NOOOOOOO! Paperwork mixup means i can't have it until tomorow morning!!!! ARGGGGHHH!!!
noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ! oh Uncle G..... :(

you've got to have a 2nd nite of no sleep and all the excitement and everything....poor you.....you'll be a knackd nervous wreck come the morning !!!

·
Registered
198 Posts
if u read all the topics about this subject and all the threads u will see what i mean, of course nothing its perfect on this world but a few cars with bits of problems from millions produced its normal

and the problems are occurring mainly as bad handling by fitting stuff on them not from the manufacturing process,

ive said this before its not a car made by slaves on ships anchored in international lawless waters
Thanks antavi . The only reason that I queried your comment that " there is no actual rust on tthem " was because I had just read the posting no 303 on the thread " Do you have a rusty Duster " by Chrisl300 . This was at 5.27 today and he says that all the rusty bits have been repainted. Not disputing your comment but unable to reconcile these two opposite views. Presumably the dealer would only have repainted if it was rusty ?

Have followed your other postings based on your local knowledge . Thanks.

·
Premium Member
2,815 Posts
Thanks antavi . The only reason that I queried your comment that " there is no actual rust on tthem " was because I had just read the posting no 303 on the thread " Do you have a rusty Duster " by Chrisl300 . This was at 5.27 today and he says that all the rusty bits have been repainted. Not disputing your comment but unable to reconcile these two opposite views. Presumably the dealer would only have repainted if it was rusty ?

Have followed your other postings based on your local knowledge . Thanks.
i respect ur opinion and ur concern as well, dont deny cris`s problems the pics the evidence, no excuse for it its a brand new car, dont excuse any of the problems brought up on this forum but the were some characters here that took them to the extreme

·
Registered
310 Posts
Im sorry antavi but my car clearly has rust on it no question. It has is on the seams in some areas.

It is not wax running when wet. I have that too and can clearly see the difference.

Look at the pic. Im not looking at the clip standing proud. Im looking past that at the weld running vertically. This is a rusty seam.

Ignore the red arrow.

No question. View attachment 1382 View attachment 1382 attach2.jpg

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,815 Posts
Im sorry antavi but my car clearly has rust on it no question. It has is on the seams in some areas.

It is not wax running when wet. I have that too and can clearly see the difference.

Look at the pic. Im not looking at the clip standing proud. Im looking past that at the weld running vertically. This is a rusty seam.

Ignore the red arrow.

No question.
attachicon.gif
attach2.jpg
attachicon.gif
attach2.jpg
attachicon.gif
attach2.jpg
and again printerman

no excuse for it its a brand new car, i dont excuse any of the problems brought up on this forum but the were some characters here that took them to the extreme

1 - 20 of 23 Posts