UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am experiencing a vibration or slight shudder when changing down from 4th to 3rd at low to medium revs. It feels like a clutch problem but has anyone else experienced this?

·
Registered
183 Posts
I tried this today but it went against the grain. In normal running I dont think I ever need to change down from 4th to 3rd.

I tend to change down in blocks as I am used to driving 44 tonne vehicles with around 16 gears.

The probable reason for the judder (bearing in mind how low geared 3rd is) is that the road wheels are going too fast.

I wont change into 3rd unless I was travelling at less than 15mph.

Having said that ,the last time I changed down from 4th to 3rd was when I had a four speed gearbox..(1983)

Reactions: Troute

·
Registered
42 Posts
I tried this today but it went against the grain. In normal running I dont think I ever need to change down from 4th to 3rd.
I tend to change down in blocks as I am used to driving 44 tonne vehicles with around 16 gears.
The probable reason for the judder (bearing in mind how low geared 3rd is) is that the road wheels are going too fast.
I wont change into 3rd unless I was travelling at less than 15mph.
Having said that ,the last time I changed down from 4th to 3rd was when I had a four speed gearbox..(1983)
Same as me, truckers know how to drive don't they?

Posted Via The DaciaForum.co.uk App

·
Registered
42 Posts
Engine braking I hope, not broken engine. Sorry, I'll get my coat!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Truckers use engine braking all the time to stop the brakes from breaking. Ha ha love the English language. I'll get my coat.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts