UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was recently involved in a low impact bump which resulted in my rear bumber being damaged.

The car, a 2014 Dacia Sandero Stepway Ambience, was sent to the garage for inspection and then returned to me to wait for parts.

It's now been over 3 weeks since the accident and the garage are still telling me that the parts are on 'back order' and can give me NO indication when they wil get them.

Am I to believe that one of the most common parts needing replaced after an accident is out of stock in the whole UK???

I tried sourcing one myself on the internet and so far, I have only been offered used parts.

This is a very poor service from Dacia if you are told to wait for over a month for parts. If the collision was at high speed, I could have been without a car for for weeks because Dacia are not supplying spare parts to their delaers and repair centres.

I'd be grateful to hear of anyone else with similar problems waiting for repairs to be done because of a lack of spare parts.

·
Premium Member
4,037 Posts
I was recently involved in a low impact bump which resulted in my rear bumber being damaged.

The car, a 2014 Dacia Sandero Stepway Ambience, was sent to the garage for inspection and then returned to me to wait for parts.

It's now been over 3 weeks since the accident and the garage are still telling me that the parts are on 'back order' and can give me NO indication when they wil get them.

Am I to believe that one of the most common parts needing replaced after an accident is out of stock in the whole UK???

I tried sourcing one myself on the internet and so far, I have only been offered used parts.

This is a very poor service from Dacia if you are told to wait for over a month for parts. If the collision was at high speed, I could have been without a car for for weeks because Dacia are not supplying spare parts to their delaers and repair centres.

I'd be grateful to hear of anyone else with similar problems waiting for repairs to be done because of a lack of spare parts.
Welcome to the forum, ddam18 ;)

This is a common complaint, especially body parts. At least you have your car back and can drive it. At least now spares do come available, in the early days in the UK many cars were written off by the insurance company, for even minor damage, due to the large cost of courtesy car hire exceeding the actual vehicle value. :eek:

·
Registered
49 Posts
It felt like forever waiting for a tail light on my 17 plate stepway well over two months before Evan Halshaws finally got the part, then they damaged the paintwork surounding the tail light enclosure whilst it was with them, so it's back in July for them to professionally fix that damage... Bodge more likely. We'll see.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts