UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my question is. The warning light came on today, I contacted my dealer who asked me to drive to them to check it, even after having described it over the phone. Turns out that it was a service warning light. They reset the service indicator.
I assumed the service light was the spanner light which shows up from the menu. Can I rest assured the light won’t return ? Why wasn’t this indicated in the manual then I would know that it wasn’t an urgent matter. Why does this light have an amber and red option if that’s all it is?
Font Rectangle Triangle Terrestrial plant Slope

·
Registered
Oct 2013 Sandero Ambiance 1.2
2,035 Posts
It is the much discussed service light ( if no other warning is also lit ) that was introduced in 2017.

It should be reset on service. It is on the service checklist sheet you should have been given as part of the paper work.

It will return in 12000 miles/360 days whichever comes first. If you search the forum there is a lot of info about it and unofficial solutions.

·
Registered
Stepway '17 & Amb' '13 both TCe90
45 Posts
Daedalus has covered it, the subject of this warning light has cropped umpteen times together with methods of extinguishing it. Although, I thought the odometer spanner appears on mileage and the wavy orange light on service anniversary?

The dual purpose of this warning light (red for serious faults and orange for warnings) is an unfortunate one. Lets hope it is used an as expedient rather than a callous method of duping owners into running to the dealer with open wallets.

Many Dacia owners have been led astray by the untimely appearance of this light, it cost me an extra night away from home and another owner an unnecessary delay, car transport and fare to a distant dealer.

It's frustrating this unhelpful feature is not better explained, even by the dealer (maybe more owners should read this forum), what is further remiss is that if the service is carried prior to the actual service anniversary day, it appears not possible to stop the warning appearing on the due date?

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Not all cars used to have the spanner, do they now? It used to be only the Laureate. It is not part of the "computer" as I activated that on my car and it did not include the service countdown feature.

I have wondered if it was an unintended feature of the software that was left on with the facelift because as you say it is not documented.

It is possible with ddt4all to change the mileage and days. I don't know the range accepted. In a lot of software entering a value of "-1" will disable a count dependent function as an incremental count can never reach that value. I don't know whether that value will be accepted by the software as I don't have this "feature"

·
Registered
239 Posts
My 67 plate duster comes up with a spanner on start up on the trip computer screen then goes out.
I have not referred to the hand book but assume it is a service countdown.
Does that sound correct?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Odometer spanner?
I don't travel very far these days and the spaner has only appeared once, it was cancelled by pressing and holding the button on the right-hand stalk until it flashed and then went to zero.
I'm still not brave enough to dabble with DDT4all, I've still not found an idiots-can't-go-wrong guide for numpties guide to its installation and use, although there are some jargon-filled TLA- abbreviated google-translated half-explanations of parts of it. Surley there's someone knowledgable out there that's willing to provide the 'explanation-for-the-rest-of-us', please?

·
Premium Member
2020 Sandero Stepway, 1977 MGB Roadster
272 Posts
I had to reset mine a second time recently, because I obviously didn’t do everything correctly the first time, the spanner reappearing after a couple of days, and then the orange light. I’m not sure why (I think the ‘days’ was show 360) but having then used the French ‘channel’ on DDT4all, I now have a reset in days of 720, and a mileage reset of 28,756kms! We’ll see.

Andrew, have you looked at the two excellent posts on this forum, one showing how to turn on the dashboard lights and the other how to reset the service light? I was nervous the first time I used DDT4all, but you can’t do any damage poking around until you tap on one clearly marked ‘button’.

However, if you can reset the service spanner by just pressing the button on the r/h stalk I can’t see why you need to use DDT4all?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Odometer spanner?
However, if you can reset the service spanner by just pressing the button on the r/h stalk I can’t see why you need to use DDT4all?
[/QUOTE]
Turning off the spanner doesn't reset the service interval wavy orange light, I use the Android Dacia Service Reset app/ELM327 dongle for this but recently somone posted some strange behavoir (requesting card details, was that you?) although the one I have is dated Sept 2018 and seems benign. But what I'd really like to do is to disable the stop/start facility, I know I can press the button by the handbrake but I often forget.

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
That can be done with ddt4all or its android port ecu-tweaker.

The simplest way is:
There is a micro switch under the bonnet at the release lever. Disconnect the plug and jump the two wires. This makes the car think the bonnet is open and it deactivates the S/S

·
Premium Member
2020 Sandero Stepway, 1977 MGB Roadster
272 Posts
@Andrew - Sorry, I thought that on your model it got rid also of the orange light. Yes, it was me that felt the later Android version I'd downloaded was phishing.

Couldn't find the plug under the bonnet to turn off the stop/start, must try harder! If not, ddt4all it is.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts