UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Oil change warning light is showing. I tried to reset using the handbook advice..Hard down on accelerator and press brake pedal three times --No joy. Tried 4 times, still no good.

Would much appreciate advice. Do I have a bigger problem or is there a simple solution?

·
Registered
84 Posts
I would take it to your Dacia dealer and in the absence of a fault, they will reset your on board computer.

I had a fault light on constantly and mine was sorted.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Worked ok for me.

To do this, after switching on the ignition,
for ten seconds you must

Resetting the alert after an oil
change
(depending on the vehicle)
If you change the oil yourself, you will
need to reset the oil change warning.
for ten seconds you must:
- Depress the accelerator pedal fully,
- with your foot on the accelerator, depress
the brake pedal three times in
succession.
Reinitialisation is complete when the
# indicator light goes out. If this is
not the case, repeat the operation.

Special case: if you change the oil
before the oil change interval exceeded
warning is displayed, it will also be necessary
to reset the display. In this case,
the # warning light comes on for
approximately 5 seconds to confirm the
reset.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Worked ok for me.

for ten seconds you must

Resetting the alert after an oil
change
(depending on the vehicle)
If you change the oil yourself, you will
need to reset the oil change warning.
for ten seconds you must:
- Depress the accelerator pedal fully,
- with your foot on the accelerator, depress
the brake pedal three times in
succession.
Reinitialisation is complete when the
# indicator light goes out. If this is
not the case, repeat the operation.

Special case: if you change the oil
before the oil change interval exceeded
warning is displayed, it will also be necessary
to reset the display. In this case,
the # warning light comes on for
approximately 5 seconds to confirm the
reset.
Hi There Silver Duster,

Thank's for your post.

I am new to this so please forgive any errors.

I bought my Dacia Duster from Evans Halshaw, Sheffield in July 2015 with 18,655 on the clock. It has been serviced by them from new in March 2014 at 8,200 miles and March 2015 at 17,118.

About two weeks ago the oil change warning light came on at approximately 20,600 miles. As it had only done 3,500 miles since the last service I was worried and started to investigate further. It came to my notice that as the mileage between the first service (8,200 miles) and the warning light coming on (20,600 miles) was 12,400 miles and determined that the oil change warning light had not been reset following the second service (17,118 miles).

In the meantime I had read your post about resetting the display.

To confirm my suspicions I rang Evans Halshaw Sheffield who confirmed that my oil was changed at 17,118 miles and the oil change warning light was not reset because it was not lit up at the time and it was not possible to reset it until it came on. The guy in question went away and confirmed this fact with three of his Dacia/Renault trained technicians after I had said that I had read that it could be reset at any time.

This seems to contradict what you have told us and I ask that you comment on this information.

As I do not want to be staring at my oil change warning light until my next service is due (March 2016 or 36,000 miles) I want to be able to reset it now and again after the next scheduled service.

I look forward to your views on this matter and apologise for the long winded post.

Regards,

Demdoj.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Hi There Silver Duster,

Thank's for your post.

I am new to this so please forgive any errors.

I bought my Dacia Duster from Evans Halshaw, Sheffield in July 2015 with 18,655 on the clock. It has been serviced by them from new in March 2014 at 8,200 miles and March 2015 at 17,118.

About two weeks ago the oil change warning light came on at approximately 20,600 miles. As it had only done 3,500 miles since the last service I was worried and started to investigate further. It came to my notice that as the mileage between the first service (8,200 miles) and the warning light coming on (20,600 miles) was 12,400 miles and determined that the oil change warning light had not been reset following the second service (17,118 miles).

In the meantime I had read your post about resetting the display.

To confirm my suspicions I rang Evans Halshaw Sheffield who confirmed that my oil was changed at 17,118 miles and the oil change warning light was not reset because it was not lit up at the time and it was not possible to reset it until it came on. The guy in question went away and confirmed this fact with three of his Dacia/Renault trained technicians after I had said that I had read that it could be reset at any time.

This seems to contradict what you have told us and I ask that you comment on this information.

As I do not want to be staring at my oil change warning light until my next service is due (March 2016 or 36,000 miles) I want to be able to reset it now and again after the next scheduled service.

I look forward to your views on this matter and apologise for the long winded post.

Regards,

Demdoj.
3 little words.

Just do it.

·
Premium Member
18 Posts
The above info from alfitz and Silver Duster is also in the oil change section of my Duster User manual page 4.6

Worked for me on the second attempt...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts