UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone confirm if the warranty is with the dealer you bought the car from which means you must use that garage for any warranty work or can you use a different garage from the same dealer network or even any dacia dealer.

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
Any Dacia garage will sort your warranty issues. So if you lived in Scotland and your car broke down while on holiday in Cornwall you would have no problem getting a warranty repair.

·
Super Moderator
2,832 Posts
But not abroad
Geographic Coverage

The Warranty applies to any vehicle sold new in the United Kingdom as long as it remains registered in one of the following European countries:
UNITED KINGDOM - ANDORRA - AUSTRIA - BELGIUM - BOSNIA HERZEGOVINA - BULGARIA - CROATIA - CYPRUS - CZECH REPUBLIC -
DENMARK - ESTONIA - FINLAND - FRANCE - GERMANY - GREECE - HUNGARY - ICELAND - IRELAND - ITALY - LATVIA - LICHTENSTEIN -
LITHUANIA - LUXEMBOURG - MACEDONIA - MALTA - MONACO - NORWAY - NETHERLANDS - POLAND - PORTUGAL - ROMANIA -
SAN MARINO - SERBIA MONTENEGRO - SLOVAKIA - SLOVENIA - SPAIN - SWEDEN - SWITZERLAND

If the vehicle is registered in one of the countries inside the geographic zone (detailed above) other than the United Kingdom, the warranty of
the country of first registration will be applicable. If a Vehicle is likely to be principally used or registered outside the geographic zone detailed
above, the Customer cannot benefit from the Warranty and the Warranty will be invalid.
Please contact your nearest Dacia Dealer for advice in
these circumstances.

My reading of the above is that the warranty continues to apply, under the UK terms and conditions, even if you were to move to say Greece, and register the car there. It only ceases if you move out of the EEA.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Chris300, thanks for that info, my dealer must be telling me porkies I specifically asked him this question because I have property abroad and will be going there very soon, maybe he meant just the breakdown cover and it`s my mistake?

·
Super Moderator
2,832 Posts
Full terms and conditons are here.

Its more than the EEA, as Serbia and Montenegro are not members of that, but it's no the whole of Europe.

I expect if someone took a car bought in UK to a garage in Greece there would probably be calls to Renault Head Office and some delays before they agreed to fix it. (but that's much the way it goes here too)

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Would it not be better getting touch with dacia getting like do number that u can quote across in other country with reg number on it

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Many thanks for your replies.i called dealer ( as they don't seem to like calling me,in fact the service manager has more meetings than David Cameron) and we have agreed to put my stepway back together and I will collect later today.it was in for 3 faults of which they couldn't fix the first one (small pond in rear passenger footwell and spare wheel well)and they seemed to have forgotten about the other two until I asked what the remedy was to on those faults.there reply was " ahh ,I will have a look at those before you collect it.score out of 10. 1 for effort.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts