UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, just thought I`d share some info with you that you may, or may not be aware of.

Last year I moved home, so the price of my car insurance went up with my new address, so I shopped around on comparison sites and other companies.

This year same again the price was hiked way too high,

This is what happened to me, both times and I won`t be letting it happen again next year I hope this story helps it not happen to you..

Both years I went on a famous comparison site and got my quotes, then I get a telephone call from Bewiser insurance or something similar sounding, they say they can do a better deal, so i let them go through with whatever it is they do. Big.Mistake.

They can`t beat what you`ve already been quoted at all so they then put you through to another company and the same thing happens again, this could go on all day if you would let them, I hung up.

Anyway when you have finished trying to get a good price, you decide to choose one of the quotes you are happy with,

When you call them this is what they say "Oh we are very sorry but we can`t help you today anyway, as it looks like suspicious behaviour as you have had too many quotes. (It`s all registered on your credit file) Of course last year I was comparing my new address with my old address, then I was changing the Excess, you would be surprised how many don`t alter the price if you lower it.

They knew I had been doing this and said it was suspicious behaviour

This year I only did the comparison site and then Bewiser phoned again, same thing happened again, I was told, sorry had too many quotes, it`s suspicious behaviour we will have to ask the underwriter, she said I had had over 9 quotes yet I had only had the two.

I don`t know if anyone else has had this problem but I personally think it stinks, they want to penalise you/us for shopping around for the best price, I don`t see anything suspicious in that, anyway I thought I would share that with you...Take care

·
Registered
348 Posts
Seems to me like you are being stiffed. I spend a whole day each year searching for the very best deal on my car insurance. I must get at least a dozen quotes, probably very many more than that, without any problems. I would suggest that you should report this to the insurance regulatory authorities. Clearly there is some sort of collusion to do what insurance companies are famous for, and screw us out of every penny possible.

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Hi, just thought I`d share some info with you that you may, or may not be aware of.

Last year I moved home, so the price of my car insurance went up with my new address, so I shopped around on comparison sites and other companies.

This year same again the price was hiked way too high,

This is what happened to me, both times and I won`t be letting it happen again next year I hope this story helps it not happen to you..

Both years I went on a famous comparison site and got my quotes, then I get a telephone call from Bewiser insurance or something similar sounding, they say they can do a better deal, so i let them go through with whatever it is they do. Big.Mistake.

They can`t beat what you`ve already been quoted at all so they then put you through to another company and the same thing happens again, this could go on all day if you would let them, I hung up.

Anyway when you have finished trying to get a good price, you decide to choose one of the quotes you are happy with,

When you call them this is what they say "Oh we are very sorry but we can`t help you today anyway, as it looks like suspicious behaviour as you have had too many quotes. (It`s all registered on your credit file) Of course last year I was comparing my new address with my old address, then I was changing the Excess, you would be surprised how many don`t alter the price if you lower it.

They knew I had been doing this and said it was suspicious behaviour

This year I only did the comparison site and then Bewiser phoned again, same thing happened again, I was told, sorry had too many quotes, it`s suspicious behaviour we will have to ask the underwriter, she said I had had over 9 quotes yet I had only had the two.

I don`t know if anyone else has had this problem but I personally think it stinks, they want to penalise you/us for shopping around for the best price, I don`t see anything suspicious in that, anyway I thought I would share that with you...Take care
Moral of the story...tell Bewiser to take a flying f*** and don't deal with them again. I've used Compare the Meerkat Market the last five years or so, and always been able to shave something off.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts