UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
517 Posts
I recently posted about this, mine leaked into the boot. The culprit is the grommet that "seals" the loom from the body to the to tailgate, its top left hand side of the tailgate shut, on the wet side of the tailgate seal. when it rains water is channelled over this grommet, water enters the boot through the jack restraining bolt - my dealer is going to attempt a repair on Monday.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi just taken stepway back to dealer today as water filling rear passenger footwell.thought I had left door open 1st time but now has a constant puddle.our car will be 2 years old on August.12500 miles also asked them to look at brakes as they have become very poor regarding feel or stopping distance.Also shown them where the morning plastic buzzing noise is coming from.lets hope they sort out these issues.apart from these 3 problems it has done well.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Dealer had stepway for 6 days. They have removed carpets and also boot carpet as they found the spare wheel well was holding water.I have called dealer today and was told they can't find the source of the leak.they are putting the carpet back in and I have to keep an out for puddle returning.wonder how long it will take before puddle reappears.1st heavy rain me thinks.

·
Registered
517 Posts
if the spare wheel well is wet its almost certainly the grommets near the tail gate hinges.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I tried to offer this solution to dacia renault dealer but there service manager or a mechanic refused to speak with me.I have passed this info on to the dealer manager requesting that they have a look on this forum but I expect it won't be taken up.now have my car back home and when footwell fills up again I will use a different dealer.

·
Registered
121 Posts
for the last couple of weeks I noticed the carpet in the boot, was wet on the left side (facing from outside the jack side) I took the carpet out and dried it off and same thing happened again. couldn't see any issue with the grommet in rear tail gate as others have stated, but I did note the tail light on that side did not sit the same as the right hand side. To cut along story short, removed jack, and tail light cluster, and put back and the cluster definitely appears to have gone in further and now no more leaks.

hope this helps

·
Registered
45 Posts
for the last couple of weeks I noticed the carpet in the boot, was wet on the left side (facing from outside the jack side) I took the carpet out and dried it off and same thing happened again. couldn't see any issue with the grommet in rear tail gate as others have stated, but I did note the tail light on that side did not sit the same as the right hand side. To cut along story short, removed jack, and tail light cluster, and put back and the cluster definitely appears to have gone in further and now no more leaks.

hope this helps

I had major issues with my previous Nissan Note. Water came in via the mounts for the lights.

Way to locate source is try and establish what gets wet first. talcum powder can show this but makes a hell of a mess. Is it coming in when sitting in the rain or only when driven? These things help you work out the conditions and source. Good luck!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts