UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
oh dear, that's what happens to our c max when the wind is blowing the right way but in the boot, hopefully yours will be fixed under warranty, we have had to hire a wet dry vac enough times lately we might as well have bought one.
I can only think it's coming in either through the window seal, or somewhere in the rear quarter panel and it's draining into the footwell.
Either way you shouldn't have to deal with it, your local friendly dacia dealer will.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It isn't the door seals. Been back to the dealer once but they haven't done a good job. Have just looked under front carpet and it a soaked there as well. I suspect it is related to the scuttle. Am taking it back to the dealer this week.

·
Registered
836 Posts
Check the windscreen , on the forum there are several reports of windscreen seals failing , especially the early ones and have had to be resealed .

·
Registered
279 Posts
Is it the front too or just the rear? Have you/dacia checked the drainage holes on the bottom of the door? This is a fairly common problem in seat leons mk1. Either the scuttle panel and pollen filter not fitted correctly if the front and rears were the drainage holes and the sealant between the outer door and metal plate behind the door card.

I had the same thing,just rear footwells and it was the drainage holes blocked and stored the water until it got too much.

I'd certainly take it back to dacia because if the carpet isn't dried out properly then it can really start to smell too.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Not trusting the dealer after last time, I traced the leak back to the air intake. It seems debris had collected in the scuttle under the windscreen wash container and the drain valve was blocked. Water was building up and overflowing into the car down the air intake - easy fix but design not great and I have one very wet car. At least I have found the problem. Water was appearing at the rear passenger foot well as that is the lowest spot. I'd advise a regular check so this doesn't happen to you.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Don't have a Duster but its nice to see someone using their powers of deduction and finding the answer themselves.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have just found the same problem on my 2014 Duster, pool of water in the O/S/R passenger footwell. It`s already had the recall mods done to the door seals and paintwork.

Being a qualified engineering technician I have just conducted my own water tests on the O/S/R door and the results are quite alarming.

The water is obviously entering the door along the outer lower wiper seal on the glass but is coming out into the car interior through the lower edge of the door card.

Next step is to strip the door and find what the problem actually is, but as it`s under warranty this is something the dealer will have to do.

Car is booked in so I will leave a thorough note for the "engineer" who gets given the job.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have sandera ambiance and its leaking in off side foot well?
anyone else having problems?
Its the third time now and its really getting me down? thx

·
Registered
2 Posts
I've not had a water leak but have only had my Duster 2 weeks and I love it as a car but every morning the inside of the windscreen is completely full of condensation. Surely this isn't normal or good in a new car?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts