UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,

When greeting my Duster in the mornings, there is on occasion moisture / dew / condensation on all the windows including the Windscreen (All outside) - All cars experience this phenomena...

On previous cars, all I would do is to unwind the windows, and then return them back to a closed state - the seal on the door that mates with the window would have then 'removed' the moisture giving a clear view.

On my Duster, this does not happen - Undo the window, return it to closed - and the moisture is still there (Completely)

Any suggestions (Besides using a cloth to wipe off)

·
Registered
203 Posts
Sounds like it needs looking at,poor fitting seals will let moisture into the door my stepway works as it should

·
amazing, just amazing!
2,926 Posts
Water is going to get into the doors no matter what you do, the main thing is to make sure the water is getting out again at the bottom :)

·
Sandero Forum Moderator
861 Posts
My Sandero did this for sbout a month when new. Oddly it stopped and has never happened again?

Posted Via The DaciaForum.co.uk App

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My concerns are have decreased - when the windows are fully wound up, the seal integrity is fine - so I'm not concerned about water ingress on the base pa r t of the seal. My simple concern is purely the fact that the windows do not have a continuous interference fit with the seal when unwinding, thus allowing the seal to 'wipe off' the external moistire. Internally everything is fine. Car is booked in for 3rd May (First opportunity on my behalf due to work commitments) - will update afterwards as to the corrective action just in case anybody else experiences anything similar.

Posted Via The DaciaForum.co.uk App

·
Registered
10 Posts
Re,TOP CAT wet window problem posted April 2014. What was the outcome ( an up-dare is mentioned ) ? My Laureate 2x4 has exactly the same annoying problem !

bjet

·
Registered
124 Posts
There was a discussion very early on about fitting different window seals that look and function like those on most cars. I think they were from a German supplier on the web. Fitting them and winding the windows gets rid of moisture.

·
Registered
309 Posts
I have the same problem on my eary duster. Noted that the seals have all been changed on the current models in the showroom when I was having a 24K service. Doesn't really cause me any trouble.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I was in getting the back door seals replaced under warranty due to water ingress
I mentioned the issue with the windows not clearing on the outside to the dealers mechanical minded bod who was sorting the door seals.He said they have had lots of queries regarding this and its an issue Dacia have resolved with the new facelift. Their windows wipe clear when wound down. The latest model comes with different window seals and better door seals than previously supplied. It was the new upgraded door seals used on the facelift model which resolved the issue of water ingress into my car
I think it would be fair to assume that Dacia are learning and improving within the budget restraints they have to adhear to to manufacturers cheap cars.
They wet window syndrome does not unduly annoy me but I am pleased to hear that If I bought another Duster...which I probably will (I fancy the pick up version if it ever gets made for the mass market) this will be rectified

1 - 10 of 10 Posts