UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So today I decided that I would wax my Stepway but I had a slight issue - As we all know the white Stepway is by far the best colour Stepway available but there is a slight problem when you come to wax it, wax goes on white and dries white so unless you have the best lighting conditions on the planet (which happens every 14th Tuesday of the 3rd year of every 2nd millennium in Wales) the wax is a bugger to see where it's applied and again where you haven't buffed if off.

Does anyone use a wax that you can see on a white car (That isn't a crayon, candle or ear wax before anyone suggests it!)

·
Registered
126 Posts
So today I decided that I would wax my Stepway but I had a slight issue - As we all know the white Stepway is by far the best colour Stepway available but there is a slight problem when you come to wax it, wax goes on white and dries white so unless you have the best lighting conditions on the planet (which happens every 14th Tuesday of the 3rd year of every 2nd millennium in Wales) the wax is a bugger to see where it's applied and again where you haven't buffed if off.

Does anyone use a wax that you can see on a white car (That isn't a crayon, candle or ear wax before anyone suggests it!)
Hi Giffer. Yeh I use G3 wax. Got mine from Halfords. It is the best wax I have ever used on any car. I keep stressing on this forum not to use a polish on new cars, as polishes are mildly abrasive. Only use a proper wax. Anyway this wax dries to a pale yellow. The shine on a white car is amazing using this. Bit pricey but will last me 2/3 years . ;)

·
Premium Member
968 Posts
I don't use wax or polish (the latter because most contain a slight cutting compound and the paint is thin enough). I use Autoglym Autogloss we use it at work and it creates a gloss film over the body which also makes cleaner alot easier, basically just spray on the diluted mixture and wipe over the panel.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts