UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife drives our trusty old Astra 1.6l (2000 reg) and we had our tax go up because it was not deemed a "clean car" i mean its not that bad with Kat and green Euro 3 sticker.

The bill comes to 104 Euros yearly. :)

If i had the cash a few years ago to do the New for old deal and get cash off the government for "going green" then i would of.

Now i have a New Dokker (2013 reg) it is a Euro 5 ... (top green emission car or so i thought) ...and as of the start of this year they have changed the Tax on cars..... so any car made before say a 2000 reg stay at the current tax system whilst all new cars are now taxed on their C02 emissions.

Which means now the rusty old oil burning heaps out there get cheap tax and i have to pay 168 Euros.... :blink:

Every way i go im getting hammered !

So all this crap about being green and protecting the enviroment has just been proved (again) as a load of old tosh ....

Why at every turn are we getting ripped off ? :wacko:

·
amazing, just amazing!
2,926 Posts
We've had that in the UK for a few years now, my Panda is 119 co2 and costs £30 a year to tax but to get that the engine is tiny and has no power. The Duster has a bit of get up and go and will cost £125? a year.

·
Premium Member
2,815 Posts
in romania the same s***ty thing, first the old cars getting higher taxation (get a newer one)

after u get a new or newer one the old one comes cheaper cause they wont live longer (they say) so doesnt pollute so munch so longer

then the new car gets higher cause they ull live longer (they say)

every year another scam crap

this is mainly about the yearly road tax but u get the point :angry:

·
Registered
179 Posts
My wife drives our trusty old Astra 1.6l (2000 reg) and we had our tax go up because it was not deemed a "clean car" i mean its not that bad with Kat and green Euro 3 sticker.

The bill comes to 104 Euros yearly. :)

If i had the cash a few years ago to do the New for old deal and get cash off the government for "going green" then i would of.

Now i have a New Dokker (2013 reg) it is a Euro 5 ... (top green emission car or so i thought) ...and as of the start of this year they have changed the Tax on cars..... so any car made before say a 2000 reg stay at the current tax system whilst all new cars are now taxed on their C02 emissions.

Which means now the rusty old oil burning heaps out there get cheap tax and i have to pay 168 Euros.... :blink:

Every way i go im getting hammered !

So all this crap about being green and protecting the enviroment has just been proved (again) as a load of old tosh ....

Why at every turn are we getting ripped off ? :wacko:
i had the same thing used to drive a Mercedes ML430 V8 Petrol which was cheaper to tax than a renault senic 16 petrol work that one out

1 - 4 of 4 Posts