UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Premium Member
371 Posts
When I get my Duster it will be a complete change! My current car is a 54 reg. Audi TT which I've had for nearly three years.

I'd made up my mind I was buying a new car, never having had a brand new one before. The TT is a great car, but I'm looking for something more practical, and which offers good value. Also having been 'beached' in the snow a couple of years ago in my own street i was thinking about a 4 x 4. Hopefully the Duster won't disappoint!

Graham

·
Formally "2Dusterschris"
363 Posts
The Duster is replacing my Fiat Panda Cross. Fiat, with the latest model Panda 4x4, have moved themselves, foolishly, out of the budget 4x4 market. However the Cross is not going to the cruel motor trade, oh no! My friend is having it.

·
Premium Member
1,199 Posts
It'll be replacing a Mondeo ST220 which I've had for about 4 and half years now. It's a fantastic car, but is now 8 years old, and doesn't comply with my employers company car rules, thus meaning I have to buy a new one. I want something cheaper to run and insure, which the Duster is, and also 4x4 with towing ability to tow my trackday car, so it fits the bill rather well.

·
Premium Member
1,199 Posts
I've got a japanese imported 1990 MR2 Turbo. It's currently undergoing an engine swap, I've removed the old 2.0 turbo, and (last weekend actually!) managed to install the Toyota 3.5 V6 engine, exactly the same as what's fitted to the Lotus Evora
Next job is to start plumbing and wiring it in, and yes, it takes up most of my spare time at the moment as well!

·
Registered
324 Posts
I currently have a 2001 smart car, passion.

I am currently blushing as I type, LOL. It was my ex-wife's and part of the divorce settlement (I know, I got right shafted
LOL)

We buy any car says £930 (without seeing it,that could change) dealer offered me £700 a month ago PX, agan without seeing it as I was repairing it (please don't ask) so I think I will be selling it to a work colleague for £600.

There are a few tghikngs wrong with it so I am hoping it hangs on until the duster arrive!!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Having come out of my company car scheme at the end of the lease - a Seat Exeo ST 143 Tdi .... I'm hacking around in a £600 ebay Volvo V40 Estate with a broken stereo. The suspension symphony is getting incredibly wearing, more clonks and knocks than i've ever heard in any car in 20 years , it did get through the MOT so if it holds together I'm home free!

·
Premium Member
886 Posts
I'm looking to trade in my 2001 Audi A6 Avant, nice car that I really enjoy but £270 VED along with the cost of fuel i've decided its time to give it a kiss n a cuddle and we shall go our own ways.
BTW i've been using an app on my iphone called road trip (the free light version) since march 2012 to track my fuel and mileage, I used that info and diesel fuel prices from the AA web site to give me a comparison on the 4x4 Duster..... I was shocked, in a good way.
from the end of march to December (taking MOT, VED, and fuel consumption into consideration) i could be saving in nearly £900!! That is a sweetener right there.

Tony

·
Premium Member
1,199 Posts
Don't forget the saving in insurance as well! My premium could well drop by more than half judging by the prices I've been quoted online.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I'm selling my Chrysler 300c as it's not getting much use since i bought a new Smart 451 as a runabout, still need a bigger car for my 400ml round trip to Norfolk around twice a month as a load carrier. Insurance and tax should be much less. Can't wait till April, hopefully the 14th if deliveries arrive.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Trading in (hopefully) my almost 7 year old, June 2006, Citroen Berlingo. 33k on the clock. Hope the Duster tows my caravan as well as the Berlingo does.

·
Registered
560 Posts
For the last 7 years I have had a Citroen Picasso. My dealer offered me £650 px, it may be going to my daughter.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Im trading in my Suzuki Jimny, Ive had these little 4x4s since 2000, I need a bit more torque to drag my caravan and the Duster will be ideal. The Renault dealer has given me a good trade in price for it.

·
Registered
40 Posts
[sup]I've traded in my Mazda 3 sport.... loved that car... but it's was nearly 8 years old, so if kept any longer it would be worth nothing.... I also have an astra van that I pretty much use for everyday travel, and is so practical and my dog loves it
But between the 2 vehicles I was £1000 a year in road tax and insurance alone.... so both needed to go... but there was nothing to replace them that was comfy, practical but most importantly good mpg.... until... the Duster.... [/sup]

[sup]Ambience 4x4 ordered.....
[/sup]

[sup]excited
[/sup]

·
Registered
88 Posts
I'm from God's country too Geraint! I'm near Pontypridd & have ordered my Stepway from Renault Cardiff :)

·
Banned
5,853 Posts
haha bwl meaning ynysybwl?!? I'm from aberdare originally bwlgirl but been in llanelli since 2001............ good job we not from the same area cos we will be mixing our cars up with them being identical! mine will have
G7 GER on it when it arrives and I transfer it across.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Yes I'm a very proud Ynysybwl 'girl'! How long ago did you order yours, maybe they'll be delivered to God's country in the same shipment!

·
Registered
88 Posts
No nothing from Dacia. Ordered mine on the 12th Feb, have had receipt from Renault & a letter about taking out paint protection (which I'm not doing). Dealer said he would contact me in April with an update. He did say we will be able to test drive in May & take delivery in June but Dacia are now saying that test drives won't be til July & the first deliveries will be in July. So just have to sit & wait patiently. It's very strange buying a car that uve only seen a picture of isn't it. I'm hoping it'll be as nice in 'the flesh'!!!

1 - 20 of 63 Posts