UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi all.

This is my first time posting here.

I plan on flushing the coolant/antifreeze on my 2015 Dacia Logan MCV 1.5 dCi Laureate and completely replacing it as some general maintenance.

I was sent a service interval guide for my car by Dacia/Renault, in which they specify to use 'GLACEOL RX type D'.

I have a few questions regarding this:

1. What is the coolant capacity for a 2015 Dacia Logan MCV 1. dCi Laureate? (I assume this will be the same as the Dacia Sandero's with the same engine)
  2. Does the coolant require 50/50 with distilled water?
  3. Where can I buy 'GLACEOL RX type D' in an affordable manner? It seems that you cannot buy it on the likes of eBay without a £15 delivery charge as it comes from mainland Europe!

Thanks for reading and/or answering these questions!

·
Premium Member
4,037 Posts
Hi all.

This is my first time posting here.

I plan on flushing the coolant/antifreeze on my 2015 Dacia Logan MCV 1.5 dCi Laureate and completely replacing it as some general maintenance.

I was sent a service interval guide for my car by Dacia/Renault, in which they specify to use 'GLACEOL RX type D'.

I have a few questions regarding this:

1. What is the coolant capacity for a 2015 Dacia Logan MCV 1. dCi Laureate? (I assume this will be the same as the Dacia Sandero's with the same engine)
  2. Does the coolant require 50/50 with distilled water?
  3. Where can I buy 'GLACEOL RX type D' in an affordable manner? It seems that you cannot buy it on the likes of eBay without a £15 delivery charge as it comes from mainland Europe!

Thanks for reading and/or answering these questions!
Buy it from here :- https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RENAULT-DACIA-5-LITRE-TYPE-D-ENGINE-COOLANT-ANTI-FREEZE/281610886635?epid=2151612164&hash=item4191511deb:g:w2QAAOSwU~FWC9sG

According to the Romania Dacia Owners Club 5.45litres. Why don't you message them as to the quantity required to be sure ?
wink.png

You don't dilute it, use straight fro the can.

·
Premium Member
4,037 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Be careful. It seems the bottles of 5 liters are already prepared and do not need to be mixed. The original Dacia provides is the unmixed bottle at 1 liter with the indications of mixing with water, depending on the temperatures your location is expected to bear. Adding an extra half of liter of distilled water to get inside the min-max indicator range will reduce the frost protection.

I guess the mix of 5 liters which goes down to -18..-21 C is good enough for UK. Watch out if you need to travel in colder regions.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts