UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Small black button located to the left of the glove box in my 2015 prime.

Something to do with the alarm...?

Lights up when you press it, then again a few seconds later, other than that it doesn't do anything immediately obvious...

Attachments

·
Registered
26 Posts
If my memory serve me, it's to disable the ultrasonics inside the vehicle so that the alarm won't go off if you leave a dog etc in the car. I got bored the other day and decided to read all the crazy paper things that were inside the handbook wallet.

·
Premium Member
42 Posts
It is also to enable you to enter a 4 digit code to disable the alarm if the remote on the key fails to do it. As that is the only way to do it you do need to have that alarm code. It should have been provided in the glovebox on a small card when you got the car if you have an alarm fitted. Mine was missing and the dealer had to contact Dacia customer service with the serial and model number of the alarm ECU to get the code. Finally got it so if the remote fails I can disarm the alarm. The serial and model number of the ECU are printed on it and if you are lucky the disarm code may be there as well. The ECU is up behind the glovebox on the passenger side and is held in place by Velcro so can be removed to get the details then replaced.

·
Premium Member
42 Posts
Also see pages 27/28 of the alarm manual for full details. The red light on the button also shows you the alarm is armed and if the alarm goes off it flashes a code to let you know what triggered it. it's all in the alarm manual in poor English.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts