UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's this hump on the underside of my Duster below the driver's door? There seems to be a cap (3" long?) midway along the hump that is showing a little grease around the edge.

n4unv8.jpg

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No I don't think it would serve to protect exhaust or driveshaft since it's alongside those components and as to jacking point well there isn't an equivalent hump under the passenger side. But that reminds me I better familiarize myself with the jacking points. Thanks.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I really don't think it would. It's off to one side of them so a bashing from a rock would have to be pretty precise for the hump to do any good. It does seem to have grease inside...odd.

·
Premium Member
1,374 Posts
Well could be I suppose.
Despite looking "under" many times, I'd never registered the hump! Just had to go check.

Yep - it just has to be for exhaust (front "box") protection. It appears, Pitter, you have a different exhaust to UK model: your front box appears to be forward of the hump while, on mine, the hump definitely spans the tail-end half of the box. That said, the box does hang a little lower than the hump so obviously not absolute protection.

(In passing: shame they couldn't manage to tuck the rear box up out of the way a bit more.)

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well I don't mean to belabor the issue but I probably should have posted more views from the start.

This shows the hump relative to the front most exhaust box.

mpjxs.jpg

This the same view but from the passenger side.

1zbtjy1.jpg

This is the middle muffler box in front of the rear wheels with no apparent protection.

ra2nbn.jpg

And finally this the cap on the underside of the hump that I have mentioned previously with grease around the edge. I rubbed my finger on it and smelled it and it is grease.

2h67p92.jpg

·
Registered
517 Posts
Definitely there to protect the 5th injector and its pipe, assuming the fitting on the exhaust pipe is the fith injector or some other sensor. Its obviously an addition as you can see the welds.

·
Registered
116 Posts
They spray grease/wax inside all the cavities. There should be little rubber plugs all over the car like that with a bit of grease dribbled out. If any water ever gets in, it's to prevent it rusting inside-out.

After a couple of years, you might want to get it re-treated with new wax sprayed in.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts