UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just trying to work out if I have a problem, I put £30 of petrol in, about 5gallon, 25ltr from empty, ( light on) and my gauge goes to 1 bar from the top. And I roughly do about 165 miles before the lights back on. I think the tank holds 50 Ltr, so is my gauge inaccurate or is my fuel consumption high. As I'd expect more miles to a full tank. What does everyone else get from there's. Cheers.

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Just trying to work out if I have a problem, I put £30 of petrol in, about 5gallon, 25ltr from empty, ( light on) and my gauge goes to 1 bar from the top. And I roughly do about 165 miles before the lights back on. I think the tank holds 50 Ltr, so is my gauge inaccurate or is my fuel consumption high. As I'd expect more miles to a full tank. What does everyone else get from there's. Cheers.
if it's a tce should get min 500 miles to full tank, 1.2 prob the same ish????
I dont go by the gauge, I just fill up between 4-500 miles to be safe.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's a tce, Im going to fill it then, cos £30 gets it almost to top of gauge and I get 165miles. But I should be able to get another £30 in. I'm guessing 50ltr is about £60. Maybe my gauge is faulty. I do mostly urban so I'm only expecting to get 40mpg is.

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
It's a tce, Im going to fill it then, cos £30 gets it almost to top of gauge and I get 165miles. But I should be able to get another £30 in. I'm guessing 50ltr is about £60. Maybe my gauge is faulty. I do mostly urban so I'm only expecting to get 40mpg is.
Remember, a fuel gauge will only measure to the point where the sensor is mounted, it won't take account of any additional fuel in the neck.

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Possibly correct if your journeys are very short, I'd still expect at least 200 mile to 30 quid tho.
Has it been serviced recently? Could be a cock up at the garage.
I get just about 10 mile from a litre according to my fuel log app, and my mileage was pretty low until recently when I moved work location.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It's only a year old, just due it's 1st. Done about 3000mile. Wish I had the fuel computer. Would easier to work out

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It's only a year old, just due it's 1st. Done about 3000mile. Wish I had the fuel computer. Would easier to work out

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
the fuel computer Is not entirely correct, it's about 5-10 mpg out, when I first fill up, if I get a clean run to work it reads over 60mpg, it'll read this for a few days, or until I get stuck in traffic, today mine is reading 55.1mpg, which i know won't be true due to the amount of steep hills I've had to climb, and being stuck in a que behind a pootler meaning I couldnt get my speed up prior to the hill meaning it's worked a damn sight harder than it normally would.

·
Registered
25 Posts
The only real way to check MPG is to brim the tank
Zero the trip and do say 200 miles the brim the tank
again the divide fuel used by miles covered then you
get a true figure

·
Premium Member
73 Posts
I travelled back from South Wales yesterday morning to Dundee, from that 750miles I dropped 1 bar of diesel when I hit Gretna and was down to half a tank when I hit home, average MPG was 52

·
Registered
25 Posts
52 mpg sounds a little low but depending on how many miles the engine has done ,
when run in and diesels take more miles to fully run it should get better

·
Premium Member
73 Posts
Mike, this is the stepway I was in

Keith, I also had a boot full of stuff as well as a roofbox packed so not bad going I reckon, plus I'm in the thousand mile club now ????

·
Premium Member
759 Posts
Wife managed to get the TCe 0.9 average mpg down to 35, computer calculated spot on to manual full tank measurements I made. (I got 41 with my 35 mile commute on A43 / M40)

·
Registered
123 Posts
I can't get anywhere near that, my on board mpg reading never goes much above 40!!, But there again its only a puppy, hope it gets better, as I clock up the miles B)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts