·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Product Name: Wheel Arch Protectors

Bought From: ebay

Paid: 48

Rating: 4

Following up from a post from Joe Crow, I needed some arch protectors but my budget is limited at the moment. I had seen on ebay the ones from a company that calls itself Tuning Poland but was reluctant as not knowing what they really look like. I saw the photos from Joe Crow and thought that they will be adequate for the asking price. Ordered Sunday night and recieved them from Poland on Thursday. Vey well packaged as Joe said and nothing was missing or damaged. My first thought they being made of metal there is going to me a bit of metal to metal rubbing , not on the edge as that has a rubber bead but the wheel arch side. I have some wax oyl type product which is clear and sticky so I sprayed the insides the day before to allow to dry. Today (Saturday ) I set aside a few hours to fit. I did not want to stick them as Joe has done, but have them demountable using the metal tabs supplied. I could not figure out how they were going to hold so I e-mailed the supplier who replied straight away with some you tube videos of fitting the product. This all looked very easy in the video. I started with the front as sort of got it right but not quite. I then progressed to the rear and could not work out how to fit as the Duster has no internal ledge inside the wheel arch or a complete plastic liner to screw into. I e-mailed again asking for more Duster specific fixing methods and again the response immediate and with some extra photos I then understood the method of fixing. The rest I completed in about half an hour and it was not easy and not perfect but satisfactory. They look good but in hindsight would have preferred plastic over metal but finances made the decision for me. I could not work out to give 3 or 4 but went for the 4 due the cost of the product, the quick delivery and quick response to my queries. I would have put some pictures up but I have to resize and for some reason can't log on to this site with my phone.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Product Name: Wheel Arch Protectors

Bought From: ebay

Paid: 48

Rating: 4

Following up from a post from Joe Crow, I needed some arch protectors but my budget is limited at the moment. I had seen on ebay the ones from a company that calls itself Tuning Poland but was reluctant as not knowing what they really look like. I saw the photos from Joe Crow and thought that they will be adequate for the asking price. Ordered Sunday night and recieved them from Poland on Thursday. Vey well packaged as Joe said and nothing was missing or damaged. My first thought they being made of metal there is going to me a bit of metal to metal rubbing , not on the edge as that has a rubber bead but the wheel arch side. I have some wax oyl type product which is clear and sticky so I sprayed the insides the day before to allow to dry. Today (Saturday ) I set aside a few hours to fit. I did not want to stick them as Joe has done, but have them demountable using the metal tabs supplied. I could not figure out how they were going to hold so I e-mailed the supplier who replied straight away with some you tube videos of fitting the product. This all looked very easy in the video. I started with the front as sort of got it right but not quite. I then progressed to the rear and could not work out how to fit as the Duster has no internal ledge inside the wheel arch or a complete plastic liner to screw into. I e-mailed again asking for more Duster specific fixing methods and again the response immediate and with some extra photos I then understood the method of fixing. The rest I completed in about half an hour and it was not easy and not perfect but satisfactory. They look good but in hindsight would have preferred plastic over metal but finances made the decision for me. I could not work out to give 3 or 4 but went for the 4 due the cost of the product, the quick delivery and quick response to my queries. I would have put some pictures up but I have to resize and for some reason can't log on to this site with my phone.
Not got any myself but good little vids there for anyone wanting to fit them

vroom vroom

1 - 2 of 2 Posts