UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,432 Posts
Think of the Stepway, I am sure that the arch kit used on them is stuck on with 3M tape as well and some well positioned screws, as long as the paintwork is cleaned properly before fixing there will be no problem. Make sure to follow the instructions which may say do not wash etc for 24 / 48 hours for example. I would use cleaning pads in the kit or I use E-Tech Technik Surface Deep Cleaner, when sticking / bonding plastic parts to the car.

·
Premium Member
1,432 Posts
Yes the PU adhesives are great used them for bonding the roof spoiler to my old Scenic and twice on my Duster, second time on my Duster was when it got reared ended and the insurance repair shop bonded a new spoiler onto the new tailgate, within three days it came off because they did not fit the two end retaining screws and they had to have another go fitting correctly, so the adhesive is very good but not perfect. Again it come down to surface prep before sticking any trim on and also the fact the arch trims are glued and screwed. But as wobblybox has said PU adhesives do tend to stick like "shit to a blanket".

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.