UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2015 Dacia Duster and the wheel rims are corroding and causing slow tyre pressure leaks. Two very fast leaks as they need re-inflating every 4 days? My Dealership says it is due to 'curbing' the wheels causing damage. My local garage says the metal used for the wheels is poor quality. Has anyone else had this issue?

·
Registered
28 Posts
I assume it's alloy wheels - if so, this isn't unique to Dusters. Every car I've ever with alloys has had leakage issues after a few years, whether they've been kerbed or not... We've a 2008 Polo with only 30k on it, and even they leak.

Having the wheels refurbed cures it.

I believe the air gets out between the paint and the metal, as the paint slowly debonds over the years.

·
Premium Member
4,033 Posts
I have a 2015 Dacia Duster and the wheel rims are corroding and causing slow tyre pressure leaks. Two very fast leaks as they need re-inflating every 4 days? My Dealership says it is due to 'curbing' the wheels causing damage. My local garage says the metal used for the wheels is poor quality. Has anyone else had this issue?
I'm going back 35 years here, but I had a similar problem with alloys on a Skoda. I got around the problem by fitting inner tubes to the offending wheels !
wink.png

·
Registered
123 Posts
I had the same problem on a 1985 MG Metro.
I believe tyre places have a sealant gunge they can paint on the rim to get a seal. Or you could try to do it yourself with some of that Slime stuff.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,402 Posts
As Hemlock has said, even something like "Stans No Tubes The Solution Tyre Sealant" which is used on tubeless mountain bike tyres.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts