UK Dacia Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I am wanting to change my own oil on my All-New Dacia Duster (Newest Facelift Model 2018), as I want to change it every 3-4k miles.

To get to the oil sump there's a tray in the way with these clips/screws (attached) I cannot find them for love nor money on the internet for sale, where can I buy these clips/screws incase I break the original ones?

Thank you,

Attachments

·
Registered
123 Posts
Is there not a hole in the sumpguard to allow access to the sump bung without removing the guard? There was on the older models. That seems a backward step.
Why the frequent oil changes? Modern fully synthetic oils will easily last 12k (unless you drive like your pants are on fire ^ J. Clarkson )

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Is there not a hole in the sumpguard to allow access to the sump bung without removing the guard? There was on the older models. That seems a backward step.
Why the frequent oil changes? Modern fully synthetic oils will easily last 12k (unless you drive like your pants are on fire ^ J. Clarkson )

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
There is.. but like all new cars it's a bad design, it's offset from the oil sump plug, as soon as I crack the oil plug open oil will go everywhere all in the tray. I couldn't get the oil sump plug in the photo. They say they last 12k miles.. I don't buy it though, i change my oils twice a year every 3000 miles and have never had engine problems.

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts